Used 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 356 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

No More Blues!

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Well, it's finally fixed. I have a convertible again! You'll recall from my last review that I was still waiting for the parts from Chrysler which may/ or not come in December. I decided to search the web again for rebuilt parts. I finally found a company in Oregon that rebuilds the cylinders better than new. Better yet, they have an exchange policy that allows you to get the new parts up front and return the old ones for a credit. The Chrysler service team actually had to call them to find out how to install them, as they only know how to replace the complete unit (which you can't get)! I must say they were very helpful and I'm sure they never want to see me again. That's all for now!

More Blues from Chrysler

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Well folks, I'm still waiting for the convertible top motor. I had to pay $762.00 back in June before they would order the part and they still can't say when it will come in. It's missed two due dates and now they're saying December, maybe. They can't give me an explanation, either. Other than that the car has been running fine, though I only drive 10 miles a day to and from work.
That's all for now.

Still Got the PT Cruiser Blues

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Hi, it's me again. I've already told you about the AC going out and the top not going up or down. Now, after I picked it up from the mechanic the last time it started making a thumping noise in the front right. I thought it was something the mechanic had done, but no, it was the right front motor mount! Now, Chrysler recommends you PULL the engine to replace the mount, but my man said he didn't have to do that. Only cost $700 this time. And by the way, he said, there were only 2 out of 4 bolts holding the mount on and that's why it broke! Also only 2 out 4 bolts on the power steering pump at only 27K miles! To be continued...

The PT Cruiser Blues

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I recently purchased a beautiful 05 Cruiser Touring Convertible with only 26,000 one owner miles. I bought it from the local Lexus dealer who said it was a trade in. It looks immaculate and garage kept. I had driven about 1000 miles when the electric top riser went out. I took it to my mechanic, he tinkered around with it, but said it wasn't his area of expertise and he was going on vacation. The next day the air conditioner went out. I took it to another mechanic and it was the compressor, of course, and cost $1200 to fix. By contrast, the air on my 96 VW just went at 15K miles! And, I still haven't fixed the top. To be continued...

Love the design but not the engineering.

This car was built during the Chrysler/Mercedes merger but you wouldn't know it.

Great car!!!
By benjamincmh

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I drove this car from ohio to San Diego california with no issues love this car I brought it used with over 80,000 miles on it almost a year ago and drove it recently from ohio to california I never changed anything or had any issues car is great !!!

Convertable

I have a gt ad find my car runs better with premium gas