Used 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

The Best Car EVER
By limartinez

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got my PT in 2006, when it had only 57 miles on it. It has 156,000 miles on it. I have pushed it to its limits and then some. I moved from WI to TX and hauled 9x its max load pulling a trailer. The car did not give out not even when I knew I broke the engine. Literally. Never did it leave me or my family on the side of the road. Best Car I have Ever Owned. I rebuilt the old engine and purrrrrs like a kitty....

Reliability and Dependability.

I wish I had a sun roof.

Very bad car
By Kris

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car has the worst turn radius! It also has lots of problems with the engine. My blew at 70,000 miles and Chrysler won't fix it. I advise you not to buy this car. I use to be so happy with it until a well taken care of blew for no reason.

This car is very comfortable. I wish it wouldn't die at 70,000 miles.These cars don't last long.

Needs better built engine overall! The interior design is great, but the car does not last!

Constant Repairs
By Frustrated

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When we first purchased the PT it seemed like a great vehicle. The gas mileage was always in the high 20's. Had maintanence preformed at the scheduled time and thought we were taking good care of it. Once the problems started the milage suffered and is around 22. At 28000 had the headgasket replace to take care of an oil leak at 48000 replaced the right and left lower control arms and bushings at 56000 the battery shorted out leaving the vehicle total dead at 58000 replaced spark plugs and wires and now the transmission seems to be having problems. Most of the miles are from the 60 mile round trip to work on the open highway. Never owned a vehicle with so many problems with this low of milage

Like the roominest and the way you sit up higher than some smaller vehicles

Better reliability

Pay or Pay
By Buckskincolt

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Don't buy a high maintenance PT, you need to change plugs every 30k, they get pathetic mileage 20city/24hwy. Brakes grind like they are shot but they are ok, I've had a head oil leak that Chrysler had a service bulletin on but made me pay because it was 1k out of warranty? And check your used trade value!! This car is only worth $5500 trade in if it were a Honda civic it would have a trade of $9300. This has got to be the worst car I have ever owned, sure it's cute but beyond than it is a poor excuse of an automobile. American automakers at work. Where is Lee Iacocca when you need him. This car is a fall back to the 70's when all Chrysler products weren't fit for the road. Think, don't buy!

Cute

Pretty much the entire car needs to be re done, but for an underpowered 150 hp 4 cylinders to get 20/24 and needs plugs every 30k that is where I would start! Pathetic!

Disappointed with Dodge
By linda of georgia

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the pt cruiser because I liked the cute body style. I also trusted Dodge that it would last and hold it's value. I was wrong. It did not last, the brakes were bad in just a few weeks, the plugs and wires wore out quickly, and now the timing chain has slipped, which is a great cost to me. The worst part of the deal is that It's value has decreased so badly that I cannot get a decent trade in value on any car. I feel I was ripped off and sold a car at an exorbatant price, that the dealer knew would not be worth it's owed value when I wanted to trade. I am disappointed and feel the car industry has lived up to it's reputation of over charging and over-representing used cars.

Body style is cute. I like it because it looks like the cars my daddy drove years ago.

Longer warranty on expensive parts, like timing chain.