A FUN-TO-DRIVE, VERSATILE CAR
By citygal57 on
2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 4A)
I purchased my 2004 PT Cruiser GT a year ago after an auto accident had totaled my 2001 Ford Escort (no great loss). I had driven one previously as a rental in Florida and fell in love with it. When I bought it a year ago, it was fully loaded, all chrome, leather interior, great sound system, automatic seats, sun roof, spoiler, etc. It was a one owner vehicle and had around 55,000 miles on it; I paid about $6,000 for it.
Favorite Features
Since I commute on California's freeways, speed and pick up getting on and off the freeways were of primary concern as well as handling ability at high speeds, passing other vehicles, etc. It gets Kudos in all these regards and I couldn't be happier with its performance. I am short at 5'0" so I love being able to sit high up. The style is very classy, black with chrome mags and running boards, etc. The tinted windows are great as well. In looking for a newer, used vehicle, I wanted the convenience of being able to haul stuff without it looking like a red neck pick up truck. The roomy leather interior is great for passengers as well as taking my two Shelties to the beach. ;)
Suggested Improvements
Turning radius is not good when making U turns on city streets, but then, it is classified as a 'truck' on my DVC registration, so there you go! I guess this is common with all the Cruisers, but the stupid idiot light continually keeps coming on and beeping when there is no problem with the vehicle at all! Drives me nuts! I wish the cup holder sat higher up was wider. It only accommodates small, standard size cups which is a pain to deal with. The coin sorter near the cup holder is a waste of space, in my opinion. I wish it had MP3 plug in so I could listen to music other than CD player.