2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:
Platnium PT
By Jimmy T. on 08/27/08 10:30 AM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition Platinum Series 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I bought this car because of high gas prices and my Explorer was a gas hog. This car is a blast to drive with the turbo. Nice interior with chrome accents and leather and suede seats. Platinum silver exterior paint looks real nice with chrome wheels. Was surprised with fuel mileage, only gets 21 city. Should do better. Brakes squeak when you first start out but stop after a few stops. Checked brakes and they have no wear, a mystery. But overall a great car for price. Only $9000 with 32,000 miles and loaded.

Used Car Bargain
By gtk on 12/19/06 19:09 PM (PST)

We just purchase a 04 PT Cruiser Platinum Turbo. Car listed for over $26k, and we purchased it for 1/2 price with only 20k miles. This car is still a 'Head Turner' and the dark gray platinum paint with all the chrome accents make a great package. The car has great acceleration, and still gives adequate gas mileage. This is the swiss army knife of autos with all the different configurations.

Enjoyable ride
By turbocruiser on 04/24/05 00:57 AM (PDT)

I've always driven larger vehicles and after looking at several PT's I decided on a Platinum series. I was suprised by the pep the turbo adds and the 'roomy' interior. I've driven the car about three months/2000 miles now. People constantly look and ask qestions. The car handles well. The headlights are bright, unlike our Caravan. The local gas mileage is at 18. Highway, well I've travelled across state once and the mileage wasn't much better. Probably due to the fact I couldn't contain myself. The car is a pleasure to drive. The mid-range acceleration is so smooth and quick. Yikes!!! Maybe the next road trip I'll set the cruise. Until then . . . .

We made the correct decision.
By The Powell's of Alph on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Our first week with our "PT" was a 2500 mile trip. Three adults and lots of luggage. We had more room to pack than in our SUV. Very roomy for us,too. Turbo very powerful and fun.

Fun and Comfort
By JimmyJ765 on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Great car. Was driving a SUV. No comparison on the comfort of driving. Wanted the comfort of a car and the room of a SUV. Did not want a van again. The PT Crusier fit the bill. I could not be happier.

Skeptical At-First
By Lazzara on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

I didn't like the PT Cruiser when it first appeared. The Platinum Series changed my mind. The dull black bumper that's standard on most other models is replaced with matching gloss paint. Nice chrome accents, especially the grill. I added the MOPAR Chrome Kit and it looks fantastic. Leather/suede seating surfaces are a nice touch. But the biggest convincer was the Turbo: The 220 HP 4-cylider moves my relatively lightweight PT along very, very nice.

Sporty, fun, and nicely priced
By Barry Gordon on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I've received dozens of compliments on the sleek looks of the Platinum Edition's combination of Graphite Metallic color and chrome trim. The turbo engine is very peppy and the car handles quite nicely. The leather/suede interior is stylish and comfortable. The kids are always anxious to ride in "Dad's cool car".

W o n d e r f u l ........
By lfcaustin on 11/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I waited for the 2004 to get the TURBO (it has a great pick up)and the leather and suede interior w/ the chrome package and I love it and always have people stopping me to tell me how great my car looks!!!!

'04 PT Turbo Platinum Series
By PT Gal on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

This is my second PT and I can't find any negative aspects to report. My 'old' 2002 PT Limited Edition was great in all areas but power, it was just too gutless and had to be floored to get out of everyone's way. Hence the upgrade to my new 2004 Turbo Platinum Series. Stunningly sharp looking, chrome everywhere, luscious leather and suede seats, loaded with all the goodies I'd ever want .. and POWER! Chrysler really stepped up to the plate on this series. Bravo!

I'm in Love!
By AnaV on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love my car and so do most people who have seen it. I have not encountered any other Platinum models in my area. It is a very fun car and just too cool!