Used 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

Platnium PT
By Jimmy T.

2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition Platinum Series 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I bought this car because of high gas prices and my Explorer was a gas hog. This car is a blast to drive with the turbo. Nice interior with chrome accents and leather and suede seats. Platinum silver exterior paint looks real nice with chrome wheels. Was surprised with fuel mileage, only gets 21 city. Should do better. Brakes squeak when you first start out but stop after a few stops. Checked brakes and they have no wear, a mystery. But overall a great car for price. Only $9000 with 32,000 miles and loaded.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, Turbo, Leather seats, Fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes, 8 way power seats(driver), More room in rear, better console.

Used Car Bargain
By gtk

We just purchase a 04 PT Cruiser Platinum Turbo. Car listed for over $26k, and we purchased it for 1/2 price with only 20k miles. This car is still a 'Head Turner' and the dark gray platinum paint with all the chrome accents make a great package. The car has great acceleration, and still gives adequate gas mileage. This is the swiss army knife of autos with all the different configurations.

Favorite Features

Looks, swede/leather/heated seats, cargo area, great driving position, turbo, chrome accents, good stereo, anti-lock disc brakes, traction control, and FUN to drive!

Suggested Improvements

Home link should be standard, 8-Way power seats, high performance air intake, and better tires.

Enjoyable ride
By turbocruiser

I've always driven larger vehicles and after looking at several PT's I decided on a Platinum series. I was suprised by the pep the turbo adds and the 'roomy' interior. I've driven the car about three months/2000 miles now. People constantly look and ask qestions. The car handles well. The headlights are bright, unlike our Caravan. The local gas mileage is at 18. Highway, well I've travelled across state once and the mileage wasn't much better. Probably due to the fact I couldn't contain myself. The car is a pleasure to drive. The mid-range acceleration is so smooth and quick. Yikes!!! Maybe the next road trip I'll set the cruise. Until then . . . .

Favorite Features

Looks neat, it's fun to drive and handles great.

Suggested Improvements

Make 4 wheel disc/abs brakes standard, lighted mirror control switch, covers for the front door pockets, full function trip computer in the overhead console, covered center console storage, reading lamps and cupholders for rear seating area.

We made the correct decision.
By The Powell's of Alph

Our first week with our "PT" was a 2500 mile trip. Three adults and lots of luggage. We had more room to pack than in our SUV. Very roomy for us,too. Turbo very powerful and fun.

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

Better in town gas economy.

Fun and Comfort
By JimmyJ765

Great car. Was driving a SUV. No comparison on the comfort of driving. Wanted the comfort of a car and the room of a SUV. Did not want a van again. The PT Crusier fit the bill. I could not be happier.

Favorite Features

The total package. If I had to pick just one. It would be the room you have for the size of the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

The clicking noise from the rear window wiper button. I've had it checked by 2 people. They say that is the nature of the vehicle.