Used 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Consumer Reviews - 215 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

Undercover Rocket Ship Car
By Darth Car Master

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon GT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT has 215 horsepower. It can go 120-130 Kilometres per hour without struggling like some cars do on the highways. It can take on a Ford Mustang sports car while looking like a crossover wagon/minivan. I have not floored the gas peddle to the maximum yet, because it scares me a little to have the Cruiser go all out. I fear unleashing its full power so I hold back. The GT version is not a sleeper of a car like the base model is.

Practical and fun!
By RMorgan

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Not the quickest of it's generation or class, but with a 5-speed manual, it has good acceleration and better gas mileage than with automatic trans. Great use of interior space - tons of cargo options with folding and removable back seats. Very stable at highway speeds and good handling on winding roads as well. With four wheel disk brakes, this car stops on a dime!

2003 Standard Cruiser
By Curt Brennan

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought ours from the original owners in 2005 with only 17,000 miles. We've now owned it 10 years (this May) and it has given us absolutely NO PROBLEMS OF ANY KIND, EVER!! So far, I've purchased one set of tires and one battery (last fall) and that's it!! We like it so much that I just bought a 2005 "GT Convertible" with HO Turbo and only 47,000 miles. We dressed up our current PT and are going "all out" on this one too. This convert is for Summer time driving and weekend cruising. I've owned Mopars since 1971 (1966 Charger) and I've had good luck with them all! ;-)

Fun to drive, fun to dress up, great on gas....nostalgia to the Max!!

Reintroduce them again in a limited number each year.

PT Cruiser Touring
By mjb457

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new,,,, drove it 99k miles so far....normal routine maintenence, one of Chrysler's all time best sellers( average mpg 20mpg)HONDA,TOYOTA CONTINUE TO BUILD AND INPROVE/// CHRYSLER SHOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME-
A CLASSIC.

Looks-retro,comfort,features,usability,different than the rest! Awesome paint and hardware-no rattles or squeeks after almost 10 years!!!!

Easier engine to work on--- front end should have opened up for access-better turning radius.6speed automatic.

Fun car or worst piece of crap!!!
By wewing

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my PT Cruiser used.
It is a 2003 and I bought it in 2005.
I have replaced the waterpump (inline), the power steering,I have had work done on the struts,front bearings, I have had electrical problems and replaced the battery, and it eats oil at a rate higher than I would like.
I have spenr over $3500 dollars on repairs and it had 30,000 miles on it when I bought it and I have just less than 70,000 on it now.
There is a small leak somwhere in the cooling system either coming from the water pump$700, the head gasket $1000 or the engine block $2000.
I am a little unhappy with the reliability of this car.