Used 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

2003 Standard Cruiser
By Curt Brennan

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought ours from the original owners in 2005 with only 17,000 miles. We've now owned it 10 years (this May) and it has given us absolutely NO PROBLEMS OF ANY KIND, EVER!! So far, I've purchased one set of tires and one battery (last fall) and that's it!! We like it so much that I just bought a 2005 "GT Convertible" with HO Turbo and only 47,000 miles. We dressed up our current PT and are going "all out" on this one too. This convert is for Summer time driving and weekend cruising. I've owned Mopars since 1971 (1966 Charger) and I've had good luck with them all! ;-)

Fun to drive, fun to dress up, great on gas....nostalgia to the Max!!

Reintroduce them again in a limited number each year.

PT Cruiser Touring
By mjb457

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new,,,, drove it 99k miles so far....normal routine maintenence, one of Chrysler's all time best sellers( average mpg 20mpg)HONDA,TOYOTA CONTINUE TO BUILD AND INPROVE/// CHRYSLER SHOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME- A CLASSIC.

Looks-retro,comfort,features,usability,different than the rest! Awesome paint and hardware-no rattles or squeeks after almost 10 years!!!!

Easier engine to work on--- front end should have opened up for access-better turning radius.6speed automatic.

Fun car or worst piece of crap!!!
By wewing

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my PT Cruiser used. It is a 2003 and I bought it in 2005. I have replaced the waterpump (inline), the power steering,I have had work done on the struts,front bearings, I have had electrical problems and replaced the battery, and it eats oil at a rate higher than I would like. I have spenr over $3500 dollars on repairs and it had 30,000 miles on it when I bought it and I have just less than 70,000 on it now. There is a small leak somwhere in the cooling system either coming from the water pump$700, the head gasket $1000 or the engine block $2000. I am a little unhappy with the reliability of this car.

My 2003 PT Cruiser
By 1daddyjoe

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

All in all I am happy with it. I bought the car new and now have 150,000 plus miles on it. I don't baby the car at all, I drive it hard. Would I buy another one, probably not. The car has treated me ok. Just regular maintainance, tires, brakes, tune ups, timing belt, and just replaced my front wheel bearings. No real major issues on the car. The gas mileage is bad, and it feels under powered. Coming from VW's and driving them hard as well but, taking care of them as well. They felt a bit more sturdy and the gas mileage and power was there when I needed it.

I like how it looks and what you can do to it with after market parts.

It was great for a long time. but now. . . ?
By hotwifey

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car when it was 1 year old in 2004. I loved the design and still do. This car really had no issues until the past 1.5-2 years. I was so happy with it, I thought I will just keep driving it as long as I can. Recently, at 94,000 miles- I have had one problem after another. It is a bummer because this car was great for me for many years, but now it is a hassel. I'm looking to sell mine now, but not sure what type of person can afford the repairs. :( The interior and exterior looks new, but under the hood is another story.

Cute car, modern interior, very roomy for carrying lots of things.

Well - this car is now discontinued so not sure what the point is of talking about improvements.

• SUV