2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - worst car i ever owned

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Review

Touring Edition Wagon (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

worst car i ever owned and this is my second pt cruiser
By myptcruiser on

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned 2 pt cruisers, a 2001 and 2002. I do not know why I bought the second one. Both had the same problems - replaced radiator $1200 both times; suspension problems with tie rods, wheel hub assembly. If I open the hatchback it causes my brake lights to fail, because according to Chrysler dealership, the wiring rubs as I open the hatchback. The camshaft sensor had to be replaced $350. Now it is going out again after being replaced by the Chrysler dealership less than 8 months ago. Very expensive to repair. Do not buy this car! You can find them available for sale everywhere - have you ever wondered why? Be glad they no longer make this car.

Favorite Features

Comfort of the seats being slightly higher than in the average car. Lots of leg room and head room.

Suggested Improvements

Junk it and get a real car
By ptlover45
on 02/09/13 13:20 PM (PST)

I replaced the camshaft positioning sensor on my 2007 PT auto trans. at 18K miles. Under warranty, I paid the $65 over and above the $100 deductible. I'm sorry you were charged $350. Knowing what I know now, I would replace it myself now, since it very accessible and inexpensive. Just remove 2 screws and unplug an electrical connection. I hope this helps in the future.