2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Happy in my PT

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Review

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Touring Edition Wagon (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Happy in my PT
By WinDaddy on

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've got 106K miles now and haven't had any problems with the car. There's a slight clunking from the rear occasionally under hard cornering just recently started. I understand it's worn suspension bushings on the rear, so I'll be replacing those soon. At 40K I installed aftermarket springs and shocks to improve the handling. A bit stiffer ride, but well worth it. I also installed a Borla aftermarket exhaust and AirRaid intake. It has a nice growl, and power is OK with the 5 speed manual. I would not like this car with an automatic. Just replaced timing belt- it's more expensive than most- you have to disconnect A/C hoses and raise the engine up few inches.

Favorite Features

Lots of looks. The car is low and I've added a Xenon body kit and aftermarket wheels which looks great. I get many complements on the car wherever I go. Careful driving with the 5 speed returns an average of over 27mpg. I can haul lots of stuff- drums, kids, lumber, lawnmower have all gone for a ride.

Suggested Improvements

More power (getting the turbo solves this problem). Factory suspension could be stiffer. Don't mess with the styling- it's still about the best looking car on the road.