bought 02 Pt Cruiser base used
By ptlover45 on
2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I wanted the PT since it first came out. I got a used (11K miles ) base , 5 spd, ac, combo cassette -cd player, fog lights, privacy glass. Drove it for 33K miles. replaced front wiper motor under warranty. 18 mpg ( city ) 35 (hwy) never added oil. Suede interior much classier than the no-stain interior in my 07 PT. gauges set too deep in dash to be read in sunlight. GREAT STYLING.
Favorite Features
teardrop headlights and amber/red taillights much more retro than 06 revision. suede interior. excellent heater and ac. excellent radio - no Sirius back then. many add on pieces available. had a conical K&N filter( which I later transferred to my 07 PT. Cue ball shift knob on 5 spd.
Suggested Improvements
pointed hood cramps engine bay and makes repairs tedious. stock air cleaner covers battery and makes jump starting and maintenance time consuming. 07 mods rectified this. changing headlight is ridiculous. rear cargo area too narrow for golf clubs ( need to be put in back seat.) plastic headlight covers on all year of PT's fog over and need buffing out.