Body Creaking Noise
By Ernie Weber on
2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
Wife and I love this car which now has 79000 miles. Trouble free with great ride and handling and versatility. For the past year we have had a creaking noise in the chassis. Local mechanic cannot locate nor could local dealer. This noise occurs primarily after coming out of a right hand turn. Not while driving straight. Bouncing up and down while standing still fails to duplicate the noise. Has anyone had this problem and how was it fixed?
Favorite Features
Versatility, comfort for four, otherwise quiet and well made. Good handling, brakes and economy. Satisfactory power for base engine and automatic trans. Great looks with the woody package. Seat height is great for us senior drivers.
Suggested Improvements
Quieter engine.
By ptone2002
on 08/25/11 21:52 PM (PDT)

well my daughter and i rolled mine off the truck in 2002.It was sweet, special edition loaded ran great for 80.000 miles then had to replace ox sensor and motor mount.at 120.000 ox sensor. shocks, motor mount power stearing high pressure line. wich by the way is a pain in the ass.at 150.000 my daughter overheated the motor and blew it up also the computer went out.chrysley had my car for 6 months then they relized they had put the wroung cam into my car.Got it back and had to get it smoged.At the time I dident relize the check engien light was on.when they checked it ,it was a grose poluter and they sent me back to chrylser. well I looked one more time and found a wire that chrysler did not attach very well.when I REPAIRED IT THE CAR WAS FINE.165.000 trans slipping, replaced trans screen and its working fine now

By ptone2002
on 08/25/11 21:54 PM (PDT)

By the way letting my daughter drive it was its down fall,but its still running