2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:
the worst car i ever had
By jane on 06/18/05 01:18 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

First week of purchase had solenoid replaced in the transmission, 3 batteries in 1 yr; 2 radios in one year, emission sensors replaced, several recalls, motor mount replaced; makes constant noises like cracking sounds..mechanics have various opinions..always in shop. chrysler doesn't care...never again!

2002 Dream Cruiser
By Bob Howey on 06/16/05 09:33 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very fun and reliable car with excellent features and comfort. This car is fully-loaded and has been very reliable with cost of ownership being quite low. Performance is noticeably impacted by running the air conditioning.

A Good Vehicle
By Joe on 06/06/05 12:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased out PT Cruiser new in 2002 to replace an old ford that was about worn out. My wife picked out the car and I didnt care for it much until I had to transport some building material to the house. Although a small looking car I was surprised at the open space it has when the seats were folded down and the amount of weight it would carry. Was almost like an inclosed pick up and still drove very well.

The Perfect Car
By Mami on 05/27/05 10:32 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutly LOVE my PT Cruiser. Sure it could use a bit more power like everyone states but I'm not in that big of a hurry. This car handles well, is very comfortable and I love all the space inside. I use to drive a small Hatchback and didn't want to loose that style but I wanted something a bit bigger than say a Mini. This car has everything I need and no wasted space. I highlt recommend the PT.

Fun Fun Fun
By Glenn Geist on 05/17/05 10:34 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned many many cars and my other car is a heavily modified Corvette, yet I'm impressed with the mechanical and visual quality of this Inferno Red Woody. It gets so much attention from the ladies that I wish they had made them back in "the day." The gas mileage isn't as good as my 400 hp Vette, and it isn't fast, yet it has yet to show any wear or any problems. The looks would have worn thin though, if this car wasn't the most practical thing I've ever had. The few complaints I read from other reviewers seem to be related to having bought poorly equipped versions.

No regrets
By kay b on 03/16/05 23:28 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love everything about this car with one exception: poor visibility to the right when stopped at an angle at an intersection. But you just cannot beat the quality of construction, the smooth, quiet ride, the roomy seating, and the fantastic storage. This is one great little car.

I like it
By glover on 12/28/04 08:09 AM (PST)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a happy car to drive,I have never had a vehcicle I have enjoyed more. It needs better gas milage, it's tight between the door and the seat and I have a "bucking" problem that cannot be solved. Could use a more powerful A/C unit. Love the car, will get another one because it is so easy to get in and out of and I can't believe the room it has.

Think before you complain
By Ray on 12/19/04 01:30 AM (PST)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

People should think a little before they complain about the power or engine size or handling. The handling is harsh b/c of what Chrysler had to use to keep the cargo area spacious. The engine compartment cannot fit a I-6. It costs less than $20,000 base. You can't add AWD b/c of the aforementioned suspension issues. Don't complain that it doesn't have it.

Ex-Crusier Owner
By slp2417 on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely loved my Inferno Red 2002 PT Cruiser but had to trade it in this weekend at only 38,000 due to numerous transmission problems and fluid leaks. Had to have transmission replaced at 37K and Chrysler could never completely correct the fluide leaks. Had to trade in as styling was awesome and it was a fun vehicle to drive when it was running. Would recommend to others if buy extended warranty and trade before it runs out.

Great Car changed my life!
By pt dude on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! Retro out of the box look plus very easy to customise to make the PT you OWN! You can design your car the way you want it by adding many aftermarket parts to the car. Plus there are many PT Cruiser car clubs all over the country. I joined one and it changed my life. New friends with common interests!