2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:
tonie's ride
By bob t on 05/28/08 10:51 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So far it's been a pleasure. Planning first trip, Houston to Jacksonville Fl. Leaving in two days.

Body Creaking Noise
By Ernie Weber on 05/01/08 14:25 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Wife and I love this car which now has 79000 miles. Trouble free with great ride and handling and versatility. For the past year we have had a creaking noise in the chassis. Local mechanic cannot locate nor could local dealer. This noise occurs primarily after coming out of a right hand turn. Not while driving straight. Bouncing up and down while standing still fails to duplicate the noise. Has anyone had this problem and how was it fixed?

Love my PT!!!!
By Steph1163 on 04/11/08 15:28 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2006 with only 2800 miles on it! I got very lucky. I have always had great luck with the car. The only problem I have had is that the light cover for the windows roll up fell out. My PT has been the most reliable car I have owned!!!

Nice Car!
By Keith on 04/03/08 11:31 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Comfortable, solidly built, and fun to drive. Seating/cargo configurations adaptable for many needs. Very dependable. I had to replace headlight stalk switch, but other than that, just normal wear items. Over 60,000 on original tires. Less road noise than most all other small cars. Handles very well. I've been generally satisfied with this car.

I love mine!
By Darlene on 03/27/08 11:32 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have 97,000 miles on my '02 and the only thing I have had go out was the front suspension, but it was covered under my 100,000 mile warranty. Other than oil changes, tires and 1 new battery, I have had no problems and would buy another one.

Love it, but way too many problems
By Sharon on 01/10/08 14:37 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Have had my cruiser for 3 years. It has had a rebuilt transmission at 40,000 mi. fog lamp defect wich caused my battery to die. Electrical fire somewhere (not yet been able to be dectected by mechanic). This cracked the top of dash console as well as various lights work and then don't work inside on pannels. Recall for this yr. on power steering pump. And is currenlty in shop as I speak for severe rotor/berrings/central allignment problems. No such thing as front or back problems they are all connected in the middle. Was told by mechanic that this is only the halfway mark to the repairs for this car....Be careful. I will not be buying another cruiser ever. Trading in really soon.

Fun
By Edgar Barnes on 06/12/07 09:43 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the most fun to drive, fun to own car I have ever had. Very dependable with no repairs in 100,000 miles. I have got more compliments on this car than any I ever owned.

Happy in my PT
By WinDaddy on 05/23/07 21:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've got 106K miles now and haven't had any problems with the car. There's a slight clunking from the rear occasionally under hard cornering just recently started. I understand it's worn suspension bushings on the rear, so I'll be replacing those soon. At 40K I installed aftermarket springs and shocks to improve the handling. A bit stiffer ride, but well worth it. I also installed a Borla aftermarket exhaust and AirRaid intake. It has a nice growl, and power is OK with the 5 speed manual. I would not like this car with an automatic. Just replaced timing belt- it's more expensive than most- you have to disconnect A/C hoses and raise the engine up few inches.

Longterm Lemon
By Kbtoys on 04/24/07 10:56 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car has no go, and uses more gas then my truck. Just traded in with 88,000 miles on it and was lucky it made it. Once the car hit 80,000 miles everything fell apart. Sensors kept going out every 2000 miles. Something with a transmission sensor went out and had to get the car towed. Save the trouble and buy something else.

Classy little PT Cruiser- Silver
By ElemPrin on 04/01/07 10:54 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car has many features that are found on high end cars. It has been very reliable and fun to drive.