Used 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

love my baby car!
By IMB

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love the get up and go and the solid feeling and weight of the car. The rounded old fashion look is very appealing. You also sit higher then in the average car. I drove my cruiser in the Smokey mountains and it handled the altitude very well.

Favorite Features

I've hauled all kinds of things in the back with the seats folded up

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that could be improved is the ash tray. I had to make my own with a cup ash tray and a map light. the one provided was too small and low for safety

Sweet Little Car with Big Attitude
By mbrayson

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy every minute I spend with this car. It's cute, it rides nice, has a nice radio, it's comfortable. It's stylish and whimsical looking on the outside but very practical and versatile on the inside. Still impressed with the solid build quality... does not feel like a cheap little car.

Favorite Features

heated leather seats, the tuned suspension and shiney wheels with low profile tires. the deep pearl blue metallic paint job especially at night and during bright sun. overhead console. Folding and removable seats... rear table/cargo deck. Oldie style door handles.

Suggested Improvements

Auto closing Moon Roof. Auto On/Off lights... longer front seat bottoms. Hybrid powertrain... more retro looking head and tail lights.

my pt
By kylepete

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

very fun to drive, but lacks power, and hard to park! very very comfortable on a road trip, and decentgas mileage on the highway.. lots more room inside than you think.

Totally trouble-free!
By boatman

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have found this car to be very well built, reliable and even fun to drive. It can be a four person sedan one day and a cargo van the next! Great ability to change into many different configerations. The wide is fine, rattle free and I find it can cruise the highways with the best of them. Buy one and you will not go wrong!

Favorite Features

It's ability to do many things.

Suggested Improvements

A little more horsepower. This has been addressed in the latest model.

Happy and shocked
By Black

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Overall I have been very happy with my PT. I like it's reliability, style, and comfort. It is a well built vehicle. The one shock I received today was that the front rotors are non-turnable, in other words they are throw away rotors according to my dealer. I have owned other vehicles for many years and miles and I have never had a problem with worn out rotors. My PT's rotors had to be replaced after only 30,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Removable seats for extra cargo space. Front wheel drive.

Suggested Improvements

Front rotors should be turnable to extend life and reduce operating costs. Gas milage should be improved but please, not at the cost the solid feel the car has.