2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:
First Year Gremlins Plaque My PT Cruiser
By PT-Loser on 03/04/02 16:02 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the worst ever owned. Poor mileage (average 16 MPG), poor performance. It stalls when cold. The clutch slipped from day one. The engine has always had a rough idle, and is the loudest ever owned. Paint started flaking after 6 months. Door trim has broken off twice. Drivers seat has been replaced. The clock won't keep time, and every CD played skips. On windshield number 4. They seem to crack from stress. Front windows have came off the track twice. Burns a quart of oil a week.

Jivedoggy's 2002 PT Review
By jivedoggy on 02/27/02 16:23 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my PT Cruiser! 2002 Limited Edition with 4A trans. Even with the automatic, it's quite peppy and fun to drive. The only bummer about my PT is the crappy gas mileage. I ran out of gas in Pasadena at 273 miles (for those with poor math skills, that's about 17 miles to the gallon)! I have yet to get over 20 mpg and I've been watching my foot.

The pt
By acg on 02/26/02 20:43 PM (PST)

This is a good car.

solid performer
By ernie meri on 02/26/02 19:08 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very reliable,firm sporty ride. Grips the road well, but under powered. Still can't get used to window controls in center panel instead of doors. But great ride and no problems electrical or mechanical since delivery.