2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Review: Great alternative to an SUV

2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great alternative to an SUV
By lmatracia on

2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have always wanted a car with a back-hatch (due to always owning large dogs). I purchased this car in 2011 with 132k from my mechanic. He combed through it with a fine tooth comb, so i knew it would be reliable. My car has leather seats, power everything and a sunroof. I enjoy the leather seats, being a dog groomer means lots of dog hair, but the leather is easy to clean. My only complaints are that the ride is a little noisy and rough (but i think it needs new shocks, being a 12 year old car), and i have had issues with the alloy wheels. the rims have slightly corroded (nothing visible to naked eye) but it was causing my tires to lose air regularly. bead seal was quick inexpensive fix.

leather seats, interior space (for a car that gets great mpg), i also enjoy the location of the window controls

im not sure if they offer heated seats, but if youre going to go with leather i would opt for the heater seats, they get very cold in the winter. just be sure to have all regular maintenance done and this will be a very reliable car. my husband would complain of not enough head room (being 6') but with my small 5'2'' frame i have plenty of room, and i can fit my 85lb dog comfortably in the back hatch.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review