Finally getting rid of it.
By robrob1 on
2008 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)
Only the tip of the Iceberg. After 3,000 miles, they tried to fix the dreaded chronic transmission problems . (do a Google search).The sight of seeing the tranny in pieces from my new car made me regret my purchase instantly. They never really fixed the problem, so I was frustrated for 48 months. This car is also a MAJOR GAZ GUZZLER. In cold weather, the ''dual-exhaust'' system makes an unbelievable racket. Radio controls (and sound) are worthy of a '70's Corolla, cheap plastic and all. The idea for this car was right, but implementation was an unfinished nightmare. Too bad, it was full of promises. Pros: good ride, seats ok, roomy. Returning it next week, at long, long last. Good riddance.
Favorite Features
Ride quality. Felling of safety you get when riding in a tank. Seats are only comfortable when you find the correct driving position, which is hard to do.
Suggested Improvements
Improvement on the cheesy radio controls. Confusing heat/vent layout. Put in a worthy transmission. Put in an extra overdrive gear. Better quality rubber around the doors. Improve gas mileage. Trim down the weight of the car. Make electric hatch opening standard. Make plugging-in an MP3 player possible. (even the cheapest econo-box has this). I'm stopping here, this car is no longer made after all, but I could fill a book.
By robrob1
on 06/22/11 06:53 AM (PDT)

Sorry, I had the year wrong in my review above, mine is a 2007 Pacifica.