2008 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:
I was foolish enough to get rid of 2004...
By chinatown on 10/26/13 19:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I had thought it was using oil. However, I later found out that it is normal with these cars as the lighter weight which improves the mileage is the reason. Oh well. Anyway an earlier post indicated the MP3 problem. I also experienced same. I later found this solution, after I had traded it in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=294TFX3b5-A Hope this is viewed by the current owners.

Finally getting rid of it.
By robrob1 on 06/22/11 05:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Only the tip of the Iceberg. After 3,000 miles, they tried to fix the dreaded chronic transmission problems . (do a Google search).The sight of seeing the tranny in pieces from my new car made me regret my purchase instantly. They never really fixed the problem, so I was frustrated for 48 months. This car is also a MAJOR GAZ GUZZLER. In cold weather, the ''dual-exhaust'' system makes an unbelievable racket. Radio controls (and sound) are worthy of a '70's Corolla, cheap plastic and all. The idea for this car was right, but implementation was an unfinished nightmare. Too bad, it was full of promises. Pros: good ride, seats ok, roomy. Returning it next week, at long, long last. Good riddance.

Love my Pacifica
By Hunts on 08/05/10 21:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I own two Chryslers; one pacifica and one pt cruiser. I adore my pacifica so much. When we heard they weren't making them anymore we turned in our 2006 model for an upgraded Touring 2008. I can't even compare the two cars because they are so different. This is definitely my favorite car i have ever owned and love the comfort and feeling of safety traveling with my family. i hope it lasts forever, or they decide to start making them again. I wish both my cars were pacificas.

Love Our Car!
By AccordingtoHez on 06/25/10 14:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this 6-passenger car because as a family of 4, it's not too big, but there's room to grow (and carpool in the meantime). We have LOVED it! Definitely an upgrade from our economy car before ;-) If you're looking for a car that's just the right size with lots of amenities, give the car a look. *Disclaimer: Have only owned a few months, so I cannot attest to long-term reliability, but we are not worried about it ourselves.

A problem no one can fix
By Bob on 01/07/10 17:20 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

When first starting my 2008 Pacifica, it sounds like the starter remains engaged with the flywheel for a few seconds. More so when cold than subsequent attempts. Starter replaced, problem not solved. Dealership is now saying the power steering fluid maybe thickening up due to the cold weather and the power steering maybe causing noise. Find this hard to believe for a car with less than 25k (or at all). Had other problems (tie rod, brakes, rattling noise in the interior) since purchasing vehicle with 18+k miles on it. Too many for a such a newer vehicle in my opinion.

Great Car! So Far...
By Brennen on 09/22/09 08:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely love my Pacifica. I have the Signature Series with all the extras. Although I was worried that having so many power features could potentially mean expensive repair bills, this has not been an issue thus far. The Pacifica is extremely comfortable for four passengers, but it could have used a little more leg room in the third row. The seats are supportive, the the ride is smooth and quiet, and the engine and transmission perform well. I have had no problems at all with this car. I am extremely pleased my purchase.

Extremely Pleased
By Vincent Black Shadow on 05/26/09 08:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Traded an 03 Town & Country that served us very well. Couldn't be more pleased with the Pacifica as a replacement. Refined and quiet, well done interior and great performance for a vehicle of this size. Haven't had it long enough to judge the fuel economy but I'm really not concerned. This is a very well made and well thought out car. Not to mention 30% off sticker from a dealer that was on the "list".

Investment
By hmg on 03/30/09 07:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Traded up from a GM product. This vehicle is fun to drive and the interior is great in the touring signature series. Chrysler can't fail with more cars at a good investment price and this stand behind bumper to bumper warranty coverage. No more pacificas, too bad. At least I got mine! Can't wait for a summer road trip.

We love it
By Retired on 03/12/09 19:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Replaced a 2006 3.5 4 spd with this 2008 4.0 6 spd. '06 had a transmission problem that could not be fixed before we had to travel. What a difference. Must faster from the light, better milage on the highway but about the same mpg here in the Arkansas mountain community. Did replace air filter with K&N and use synthetic oil. Rides and drives better than any vehicle we have owned. Can drive 800 miles a day with no problem. Sorry they're going to discontinue. Guess with the bumper to bumper lifetime warranty we'll drive it until it won't go.

Sad to see this baby go
By jtg1961 on 03/04/09 17:34 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is the second Chrysler Pacifica I've owned. I was happy with my 05 but wanted to upgrade to the 08 with 4.0L engine and 6 spd transmission. The difference with the extra power and smoother shifting is incredible. Too bad they didn't get it right initially but they have it right now, just in time to discontinue the line. What a shame, this is one of the best vehicles Chrysler has ever made. I bought one of the last of the 08 model year and hopefully it'll last a long time. The lifetime powertrain warranty should ensure that it does.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.