Used 2008 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chrysler Pacifica - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chrysler Pacifica

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:

I was foolish enough to get rid of 2004...
By chinatown

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I had thought it was using oil. However, I later found out that it is normal with these cars as the lighter weight which improves the mileage is the reason. Oh well. Anyway an earlier post indicated the MP3 problem. I also experienced same. I later found this solution, after I had traded it in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=294TFX3b5-A Hope this is viewed by the current owners.

Favorite Features

The seating, the flow through counsel..

Suggested Improvements

Nothing.

Finally getting rid of it.
By robrob1

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Only the tip of the Iceberg. After 3,000 miles, they tried to fix the dreaded chronic transmission problems . (do a Google search).The sight of seeing the tranny in pieces from my new car made me regret my purchase instantly. They never really fixed the problem, so I was frustrated for 48 months. This car is also a MAJOR GAZ GUZZLER. In cold weather, the ''dual-exhaust'' system makes an unbelievable racket. Radio controls (and sound) are worthy of a '70's Corolla, cheap plastic and all. The idea for this car was right, but implementation was an unfinished nightmare. Too bad, it was full of promises. Pros: good ride, seats ok, roomy. Returning it next week, at long, long last. Good riddance.

Favorite Features

Ride quality. Felling of safety you get when riding in a tank. Seats are only comfortable when you find the correct driving position, which is hard to do.

Suggested Improvements

Improvement on the cheesy radio controls. Confusing heat/vent layout. Put in a worthy transmission. Put in an extra overdrive gear. Better quality rubber around the doors. Improve gas mileage. Trim down the weight of the car. Make electric hatch opening standard. Make plugging-in an MP3 player possible. (even the cheapest econo-box has this). I'm stopping here, this car is no longer made after all, but I could fill a book.

Love my Pacifica
By Hunts

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I own two Chryslers; one pacifica and one pt cruiser. I adore my pacifica so much. When we heard they weren't making them anymore we turned in our 2006 model for an upgraded Touring 2008. I can't even compare the two cars because they are so different. This is definitely my favorite car i have ever owned and love the comfort and feeling of safety traveling with my family. i hope it lasts forever, or they decide to start making them again. I wish both my cars were pacificas.

Favorite Features

Safety, look, comfort, the heated leather seats (and before this I refused to even consider leather interior), the DVD player in the back.

Suggested Improvements

Find a fix for the feeling of being in a helicopter when the back windows are open and the front windows are closed. The pressure hurts the ears something fierce.

Love Our Car!
By AccordingtoHez

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this 6-passenger car because as a family of 4, it's not too big, but there's room to grow (and carpool in the meantime). We have LOVED it! Definitely an upgrade from our economy car before ;-) If you're looking for a car that's just the right size with lots of amenities, give the car a look. *Disclaimer: Have only owned a few months, so I cannot attest to long-term reliability, but we are not worried about it ourselves.

Suggested Improvements

If the 3rd row seats reclined, they would fit smaller adults pretty comfortably - they're too upright.

A problem no one can fix
By Bob

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

When first starting my 2008 Pacifica, it sounds like the starter remains engaged with the flywheel for a few seconds. More so when cold than subsequent attempts. Starter replaced, problem not solved. Dealership is now saying the power steering fluid maybe thickening up due to the cold weather and the power steering maybe causing noise. Find this hard to believe for a car with less than 25k (or at all). Had other problems (tie rod, brakes, rattling noise in the interior) since purchasing vehicle with 18+k miles on it. Too many for a such a newer vehicle in my opinion.

Favorite Features

Like the interior room, back up camera, size and handling. Get 24 mpg on hwy. Like 4.0L V6. Auto rear hatch

Suggested Improvements

Interior light for glove box, arm rests angle is a little low in the down position, add outside temp gauge, be able to reset MPG (like my Buick)