2008 Chrysler Pacifica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:
Great driving experience!
By twistedtoes on 02/23/14 13:43 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I, for the life of me can't understand why Chrysler stopped building such a great driving experience of the Pacifica. I'm totally amazed at how well this piece of equipment handles itself on the highway as well as in town. It's not sluggish when you want to pass another car and the fact that it's interfaced with Mercedes - Benz technology only adds to the driving experience. I just paid mine off, so the ride just got better!

I was foolish enough to get rid of 2004...
By chinatown on 10/26/13 19:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I had thought it was using oil. However, I later found out that it is normal with these cars as the lighter weight which improves the mileage is the reason. Oh well. Anyway an earlier post indicated the MP3 problem. I also experienced same. I later found this solution, after I had traded it in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=294TFX3b5-A Hope this is viewed by the current owners.

Finally getting rid of it.
By robrob1 on 06/22/11 05:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Only the tip of the Iceberg. After 3,000 miles, they tried to fix the dreaded chronic transmission problems . (do a Google search).The sight of seeing the tranny in pieces from my new car made me regret my purchase instantly. They never really fixed the problem, so I was frustrated for 48 months. This car is also a MAJOR GAZ GUZZLER. In cold weather, the ''dual-exhaust'' system makes an unbelievable racket. Radio controls (and sound) are worthy of a '70's Corolla, cheap plastic and all. The idea for this car was right, but implementation was an unfinished nightmare. Too bad, it was full of promises. Pros: good ride, seats ok, roomy. Returning it next week, at long, long last. Good riddance.

Not recommended
By Yolanda English on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Pacifica for my birthday earlier this year. I was interested in it because I needed the 3rd row and was tired of being in a many van & I though it was cute. But having the 3rd row seat, it has no trunk room. You can't ride with the back windows down because of the noise the air pressure makes and it's a gas guzzler. I wouldn't recommend this car to my worst enemy. Also, when my batter died, I couldn't even turn the key to put the car in neutral to roll it back. To me, that's just not right.

Please start making the Pacifica again!
By Russ on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Limited 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought a 2007 base model for our son to tour with his band and we had been looking for a late model Pacifica for a while ourselves. A loaded Limited fell into our laps. We could not have been more pleased. Ride is great. Seats and all the adjustments and memory are required for us with me 6-4 and wife 5-4 although I don't give up the driving duties much. It is our long distance car and I love to drive it. Chrysler HAS to reintroduce this car!!

Love my Pacifica
By Hunts on 08/05/10 21:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I own two Chryslers; one pacifica and one pt cruiser. I adore my pacifica so much. When we heard they weren't making them anymore we turned in our 2006 model for an upgraded Touring 2008. I can't even compare the two cars because they are so different. This is definitely my favorite car i have ever owned and love the comfort and feeling of safety traveling with my family. i hope it lasts forever, or they decide to start making them again. I wish both my cars were pacificas.

Love Our Car!
By AccordingtoHez on 06/25/10 14:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this 6-passenger car because as a family of 4, it's not too big, but there's room to grow (and carpool in the meantime). We have LOVED it! Definitely an upgrade from our economy car before ;-) If you're looking for a car that's just the right size with lots of amenities, give the car a look. *Disclaimer: Have only owned a few months, so I cannot attest to long-term reliability, but we are not worried about it ourselves.

A problem no one can fix
By Bob on 01/07/10 17:20 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

When first starting my 2008 Pacifica, it sounds like the starter remains engaged with the flywheel for a few seconds. More so when cold than subsequent attempts. Starter replaced, problem not solved. Dealership is now saying the power steering fluid maybe thickening up due to the cold weather and the power steering maybe causing noise. Find this hard to believe for a car with less than 25k (or at all). Had other problems (tie rod, brakes, rattling noise in the interior) since purchasing vehicle with 18+k miles on it. Too many for a such a newer vehicle in my opinion.

It Saved My Wife's Life
By Mark G on 11/19/09 11:40 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

My wife has driven 3 of these vehicles, 2004, 2006 and now the 2008 Touring W P Chrysler Edition. The car is one of the safest vehicles on the road and it built like a tank with Mercedes technology. My wife was rear ended (high speed)in a mulitiple car pile up on the freeway 5 months after getting the car and then hit a second time. She walked away without a scratch or bruise and the car survived quite well !! Why stop building this car? We would have bought them forever! Maybe decisions like this is why Chrysler went bankrupt. This car was heavily influenced by Daimler and was the best product to come out of their influence.

Touring 2009 Model
By Ani on 11/04/09 19:07 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have to post this here because there is no place to do the 2009. Our daughter bought the new 2009 Touring Model in January. She loved it at first but it has given her nothing but grief. Bad motor mounts. Transmission knocking and dealer says that is normal. One more thing also that I can't remember. She is so disgusted. In the garage again and again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.