Used 2008 Chrysler Pacifica Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chrysler Pacifica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:

Great driving experience!
By twistedtoes

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I, for the life of me can't understand why Chrysler stopped building such a great driving experience of the Pacifica. I'm totally amazed at how well this piece of equipment handles itself on the highway as well as in town. It's not sluggish when you want to pass another car and the fact that it's interfaced with Mercedes - Benz technology only adds to the driving experience. I just paid mine off, so the ride just got better!

Luxurious interiors of leather, heated seats, dual climate controls (front, middle and rear) all of the bells and whistles I could get for this unique vehicle. I would tell people that my Pacifica had everything in it but a Coke machine and ice maker. Great handling. The 4.0L engine acts more like it's turbocharged when you need the power to get moving. Love the 6 speed tranny, it gets lots of use when going down steep roads in town - saves on the brakes. Backup cameras and the automatic rear door hatch and it came out before anyone else even thought about it.

I think the only thing that Chrysler can do to make things better for this fine automobile is to start making them again. Truly one of the better driving experiences I've had in a long time.

I was foolish enough to get rid of 2004...
By chinatown

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I had thought it was using oil. However, I later found out that it is normal with these cars as the lighter weight which improves the mileage is the reason. Oh well. Anyway an earlier post indicated the MP3 problem. I also experienced same. I later found this solution, after I had traded it in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=294TFX3b5-A Hope this is viewed by the current owners.

The seating, the flow through counsel..

Nothing.

Finally getting rid of it.
By robrob1

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Only the tip of the Iceberg. After 3,000 miles, they tried to fix the dreaded chronic transmission problems . (do a Google search).The sight of seeing the tranny in pieces from my new car made me regret my purchase instantly. They never really fixed the problem, so I was frustrated for 48 months. This car is also a MAJOR GAZ GUZZLER. In cold weather, the ''dual-exhaust'' system makes an unbelievable racket. Radio controls (and sound) are worthy of a '70's Corolla, cheap plastic and all. The idea for this car was right, but implementation was an unfinished nightmare. Too bad, it was full of promises. Pros: good ride, seats ok, roomy. Returning it next week, at long, long last. Good riddance.

Ride quality. Felling of safety you get when riding in a tank. Seats are only comfortable when you find the correct driving position, which is hard to do.

Improvement on the cheesy radio controls. Confusing heat/vent layout. Put in a worthy transmission. Put in an extra overdrive gear. Better quality rubber around the doors. Improve gas mileage. Trim down the weight of the car. Make electric hatch opening standard. Make plugging-in an MP3 player possible. (even the cheapest econo-box has this). I'm stopping here, this car is no longer made after all, but I could fill a book.

Not recommended
By Yolanda English

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Pacifica for my birthday earlier this year. I was interested in it because I needed the 3rd row and was tired of being in a many van & I though it was cute. But having the 3rd row seat, it has no trunk room. You can't ride with the back windows down because of the noise the air pressure makes and it's a gas guzzler. I wouldn't recommend this car to my worst enemy. Also, when my batter died, I couldn't even turn the key to put the car in neutral to roll it back. To me, that's just not right.

I don't really have any favorite features, I do like the look of it. It's sleek and rides smooth. But that's about it.

I suggest you make more trunk room. Maybe make the far rear window vent open so the middle windows won't cause so much air pressure and make it a little more economic on the gas.

Please start making the Pacifica again!
By Russ

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Limited 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought a 2007 base model for our son to tour with his band and we had been looking for a late model Pacifica for a while ourselves. A loaded Limited fell into our laps. We could not have been more pleased. Ride is great. Seats and all the adjustments and memory are required for us with me 6-4 and wife 5-4 although I don't give up the driving duties much. It is our long distance car and I love to drive it. Chrysler HAS to reintroduce this car!!

lumbar support and seat adjustments are the best. Navigation and back up camera are perfect. Although our kids are grown, the DVD player and 6-CD radio are nice. We haven't activated the satellite radio, but will soon when we retire.

Start making it again with a little better gas mileage.