Favorite car thus far, but starting to show her age...
By kickkiki on
2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I loved this car the moment I first drove it down the road. Actually drove 3 different Pacifica's before deciding on the '06 Touring FWD (at the time I worked at a Chevy dealer and we had 3 used ones on the lot). We've been driving this car since Feb. '08. Started with 32K & just rolled 97K early this week. We do a lot of traveling & it has always been the favorited reliable car to use. No real major issues. Do have occassional squeak in driver seat from bolster (Chrysler dealer would just adjust it & say it was 'corrected'.Aggravating). Just recently ABS light comes on intermittently and only once actually felt a shutter in braking (as though ABS kicked in) just before lite came on. :-/
Favorite Features
Fold-down third row seats to expand to huge cargo area! 2nd row can also fold down and has extention from one seat to other to even further expand the cargo area if needed. Or just fold down the middle seats (and/or flip them up out of the way) and it's almost like a limo (we actually did this for my friend to get her to the wedding ceremony site since she had just a big poofy dress). So comfy. I get offended when someone calls it a van...when I drive a van, I feel like I'm sitting on a box. When driving the Pacifica, I feel like I'm driving a luxury car. :)
Suggested Improvements
Well. Pacificas are no longer in production. Perhaps bring it back with some updated style? With maybe onboard gps option? (Don't recall if the 2007 yet had this.) Oh! And would like to see more guages on the cluster. Was quite a switch from my previous vehicle which had engine temp, oil pressure, rpm, speedometor, gas guage, and etc.