2006 Chrysler Pacifica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:
First and last
By Shawn on 12/17/08 23:26 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My ABS light kept coming on and I found out that my tire sensors were malfunctioning. That was $600 worth of heartache. The breaking system has always been loud and annoying and there are clicks and clacks in the axles. By the way, never drive over 40mph and lower the back windows. I haven't studied enough physics to figure that one out yet. Neither has Chryslers engineers. There is also a bad blind spot in the drivers rearview. Also, my passenger side low beam light has blown 3 times in the last 6 months. They only cost $20 a pop. Oh well.

Hate to see it go
By Lee on 10/28/08 18:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So far this has been an absolutely fabulous driving and riding vehicle. Wife doesn't ask to stop every two hours to stretch and walk out the kinks. Gas mileage is not bad (22.7) on trips as long as you don't use ethanol. In 34000 miles the only problem is with an electronic sender that tells the torque converter to lock. Warranty covered. Hate to see them go, may drive this one into the ground.

Best Car I ever had
By No on 09/08/08 18:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car. I was in a very serious accident and needed a car that would feel and be safe for me and my daughter. It is. The only issue is gas mileage and some poor rear visibility. Best Car I ever owned. love It

Hasn't Let Me Down Yet
By samuelb on 09/01/08 19:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased our Pacifica FWD Touring Edition in June of 2006. It now has almost 85,000 miles on it, mostly highway miles from my commute to work. The Pacifica is a very comfortable and pleasant car to drive. The build quality has been pretty good and so far we've had no problems with it. One of the earlier comments about these cars being lousy in winter is incorrect. I've been through 3 winters now with my Pacifica and it gets through the snow almost as well as some 4 wheel drive vehicles do. Gas mileage hasn't been spectacular, but I think I could be doing a lot worse. Overall, we're quite happy with our Pacifica.

Not happy Chrysler owner, last 1 4 ME
By Last Chrysler for me on 08/05/08 18:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used in Jan 08, not too happy. Had to replace rocker arms last week, big money, no warranty even though only 50K miles. Some ABS or maybe rotor problem, don't even want to know the price for these repairs. Problems with cruise control, has mind of own, shifts up or down, won't resume speed if hit brakes. There is a loud clicking noise when turning slowly, the transmission shifts for no reason at times. This is the noisiest car I've ever owned, there so many squeaks, clicks and rattles inside the passenger compartment that it is difficult to have a peaceful ride. Sunroof clicks if open or racked, the springs on the passenger seat, trim rattles on doors/dashboard, last 1 for me

Pacifica's Rock
By Good Vehicle on 08/05/08 01:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

While this is not the best car it is a good car. For a 'big' vehicle it transmits a fair amount of the road. There is a tendency to oversteer in sharp turns but it does not lean. The ABS feels 'funny' when doing a normal stop. There is an awful harmonic when the rear windows are lowered partially with speed over 40 mph. It is roomy for carrying but lacks rear leg room and the 3d row is just for kids.

Great! Not a problem
By EBM on 08/04/08 20:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Best car. Had it almost three years and not one problem (how often does that happen). Drives great, fun to drive, mileage good for the weight and size (17 city, 23+ highway), plenty of room, quiet, fun to drive (did I already say that?). Took it on three long trips and was a breeze. Felt very secure, true to the road, couldn't ask for a better car. Lease is up and I don't want to give it up. Might have to buy another one.

So Far, So Good
By Mike B. on 07/07/08 20:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had driven a Pacifica Touring AWD from SW PA to Dickson, Tn on several occasions and took a few different routes to see how she ran. I had my favorite time through the mountains of WV. It has an excellent ride shared with its Benz siblings, is quiet, and has beautiful interior. I have a Signature Series with two tone gray/black leather and aluminum trim where the woodgrain usually is. Gas mileage is OK for a 4500 pound machine, but the 19 inch tire option will kill you, $250.00 per tire! Using the Auto Stick it is peppy, but if you're not used to a revving engine to make power you may find it sluggish. It serves my family of 4 plus the neighbors kids well!!! Overall a great product!

Great SUV crossover
By Cindy on 05/28/08 11:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It's a fun car to drive. It handles well in snow. I like the idea of having a minivan size but a SUV look and handling features. It's comfortable to drive with lots of storage and plenty of sitting.

The Good the bad and the ugly!!!!!!
By dmrtx on 04/27/08 22:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I really love driving this car, it has lots of room and has the feel of a luxury car. (the good) I have had issues with the passenger airbag light coming. It has been 4 times for this and they say they have reprogrammed the system. The last time it was in the sales manager stated that you shouldn't lay anything on the seat if no one was sitting in it. That makes no sense! (the bad) Have 25K miles, have been having issues when starting to drive the wheels lock up and the only thing that seems to fix it is to back up about 10 ft and then drive forward. Now it's making a popping noise when you start to drive forward. The dealer checked the parking brake and found nothing. (the ugly)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.