Used 2006 Chrysler Pacifica Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler Pacifica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:

Love it so far
By Love it so far

2006 Chrysler Pacifica 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Pacifica new in 2006 and I love it.I hear all these bad reviews on it and it makes me think that if someone has something to complain about it they will post it and if they donít then they donít look to make it public. I love my car and so far I am happy with it. My brake light comes on at some point every time I drive it but I could care less. One of my arms on the rear hatch broke but I replaced it myself for $12. It was easy. It does seem like itís starting to burn a quart of oil every 3k miles or so but thatís no big deal to me.Itís not normal but I do what I have to do. I use synthetic oil and I also add Lucas oil just in case. Overall I am happy so far.

Favorite Features

Lots of room in the back seat

Suggested Improvements

Doesn't matter, They don't make it any more

Another fine Chrysler vehicle
By John S.

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Mine has about 56,000 miles, mostly highway usage and has never (never) had any service issues! It looks good, has decent seat comfort, adequate adult performance and good gas mileage (almost EXACTLY what the car is rated for).Still running on original tires with lots of tread left. What is not to like? I have now had 5 Chrysler cars. They have given me better service from the previous GM and Fords I had and also the horrible Saturn Vue I foolishly bought (ugh). I have considered buying a slightly used Mercedes (for the snob appeal), but I just can't abandon Chrysler given the great results I've had.

Favorite Features

Folding 3rd seat. Power tail gate. Relatively comfortable seats. Good gas mileage. Great reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Better A/C vents for the front dash. Relocate the high beam light indicator to a higher, more visible spot.

2006 pacifica
By Kemong

2006 Chrysler Pacifica 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used at repo auction. Very pleased with driving and handling. Lots of room for the family. This car is fat and requires attention getting in and out of parking spaces. No problems after 7K miles of city and highway driving. Only expense so far is oil, tires and alignment. Brakes are next. No engine issues.

Favorite Features

Handling. Feels very safe and secure on the road. Comfortable seats and well designed front interior.

Suggested Improvements

Cheap carpet on rear cargo area.

Great car
By monkey5

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car from the beginning and I love it! I always get complimented by passengers. There are so many nice features- the heated seats in front and back and I can comfortably haul two adults in the third row as well. The auto liftgate is a huge help when getting groceries and the car has a really smooth ride. The entertainment options are awesome and keep the kids very happy. Great also because we can haul them and their friends without a huge road hog vehicle. Have not had any technical issues other than an electrical coil that was under warranty. Would recommend this to anyone.

Favorite Features

entertainment system, heated seats, front & rear side airbags, third row seats

Suggested Improvements

more interior color options, keyless entry

2006 Chrysler Pacifica-Touring
By S.J. Davalos

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the vehicle a little over 2 yrs ago with 39,000 mi. So far I've had to replace both cv joints at under 42,000mi, 2 coil packs, front disc brakes, transmission leak at 40,000. The gas mileage stinks, and the front brakes are having problems breaking again. This would not have happened with a Japanese vehicle. You can bet that this is my FIRST AND LAST Dodge/Chrysler vehicle I ever buy and would only recommend it to our enemies.

Favorite Features

It is comfortable

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas mileage, and most importantly, the craftsmanship, it seem like it was built just to get it off the lot.