2006 Chrysler Pacifica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:
2nd one and I love it
By John on 06/11/09 08:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased a 2005 new off the lot and it has 80K and looks like its brand new, only had to put tires and oil changes, got 75K on the brakes. love it so much that I just found a 2006 with 21K, like a brand new one. I know Chrysler got a bad wrap, but I have had a concorde, two intrepids and a LHS, all of them have been low maintianance and drove well. If you can find one with lowe miles, they are going cheap and are great hwy cars. Only draw back is that they are a 4 person not 6 for comfort.

Taximom
By S. Geiman on 06/09/09 14:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Initially did not want the vehicle since it reminded me of a station wagon. Husband insisted. I use it for work, so I put quite a few miles on it yearly. Other than the blind spots, which you need to use the mirrors more than with other vehicles, this car has been great. It is a smooth ride, it gets better gas mileage than was advertised (almost 19) it is quiet, turn-ratio is great, and the stereo is awesome. It is also depended on when we are travelling with many people. Went to the beach last year and fit six in comfortably. I have 55,000 on it and plan to drive it at least two more years.

So far, so good
By Sean on 05/14/09 11:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Ours is 3 years and 45k miles old and has done well so far. No serious reliability problems to date. Yes, it's heavy, meaning: fairly slow and thirsty. It was bought with safety in mind, so the weight is part of the package. Good in the snow, good on highways, nice interior, nice exterior and the 6 seats come in useful. My only reservations come from reading some of the other comments here about reliability, but this one has behaved and has a 100k extended warranty from a non Chrysler company.

LOVE IT
By SILVERMOON103 on 05/10/09 12:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first SUV/Crossover owed and I LOVE IT! I have the Touring edition with the navigation/dvd/6disk changer and wouldnt give up anything! At first learning to back up in it was a challenge as there is a slight blind spot on the drivers side but after some getting used to, hardly noticable anymore. Replacing tires is expensive but if that is all i have to replace then i am very content to pay whatever needs to be paid to get them taken care of. The seats are extra comfortable especially with lumbar support and easy to drive on long trips. The performance is great and handling is easy!

Pretty to look at, expensive to repair
By 5shumates on 04/13/09 08:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my AWD Touring Pacifica in February 2006. The AWD system had to be replaced after only 13 months. The transmission had to have major repairs at 15 months. Also had a throttle sensor replaced at 15 months. This repair work was done under warranty, so it didn't cost me anything (thank goodness!). Replaced rack and pinion steering system at 45,000 miles. This was $1200 repair on a 2 year old car. Have also replaced the headlight lamps 2 times each. This is the first and last Chrysler product that will be purchased by me.

Dead and Gone.
By OyVay on 04/05/09 16:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Test driving many mid-sized SUVs and crossovers I fell in love with the Pacifica.I was pretty pleased with the vehicle: beautiful styling, quiet cabin, smooth ride, ample space - definitely a passenger conscious vehicle. Just before 50K the transmission went out. The amount of torque on the trans coupled with the weight of the Pacifica is Not a good combo. A part shot through transmission case causing a hole about the size of a quarter and all the fluid leaked out. The transmission began seizing one day while on the highway and nearly caused an accident. It was in the shop for nearly a month and fortunately I bought a 100k warranty on the thing. Afraid of further part issues, I traded out.

Ready to trade
By SereneMoments4U on 01/22/09 10:38 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with the stylish look of the vehicle and the roomy interior. After a brief test drive, I purchased the Pacifica. Now, after several months of driving my Pacifica, I'm ready to trade. There is a terrible blind spot on the driver's side, and backing up, unless you have the backing assistance, is a nightmare. You simply cannot see out the back due to the design of the car. There is more interior noise than I anticipated. The Pacifica is pretty to look at, but I'm anxious to trade this one off.

Love my Pacifica
By berdan on 01/21/09 13:36 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have four children who are older, I came from many minivans. We couldn't give up the space because sometimes the kids are with me for traveling. Also I like having space for when I buy furniture. I like a car that I feel safe in. This car offers all that. It drives like a dream. The seats are not so comfortable! A road trip to Florida proved that they are not meant for comfort.

Love or Hate?
By Leon on 12/29/08 23:38 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I fell in love with the looks inside and out on our 15th anniversary and drove it off the lot. We have noticed as others have (low fuel economy, bellowing noise with the back windows down, some obstructed view in the rear, but most of all look out at 45000 miles. Rocker arm repair will hit and with a short warranty period you are looking at $1300+ in repair costs. After some complaining about the pre-mature defect Chrylser helped out with the repair bill. Koodos for that. Now that we are going on to 50k we are feeling some trans. shifting issues, but could it be the lack of a warranty jacking with my mind. Over all to this point I like the car.

Do not buy
By KS on 12/19/08 12:03 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I wanted a crossover vehicle. I was pleased with the amount of room inside the car and also the interior. However, that is where it stops. The car has absolutely no power. It is hard to merge onto the freeway, oh and when you accelerate to merge onto that freeway you will watch your money fly out the window because it sucks up so much gas. The reliability of the car is horrible. I have had the car stall on me several times while driving, and then brought it into the dealer for them to tell me that there is nothing wrong with the car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.