2006 Chrysler Pacifica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:
Stuck driver's seat
By pacifica on 03/21/10 19:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My driver seat is stuck in the forward mode, it will not go back, so when I drive it I need to struggle to get in. When I have to get out is a nightmare! I have almost pulled my shoulder out of its socket trying to pull myself out of the car. I pray I don't get in a accident because the paramedics won't be able to get me out of the car. My concern is when this happens is there an emergency release button that can be pressed? Please let me know.

I love this car
By Ali Rodriguez on 03/20/10 13:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have this car since 09. i never had any problem with it. The only thing is that i m starting to listen a strange noise when i switch it from park to drive..

Uncomfortable
By patriot on 03/18/10 19:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the car to haul the family around. However, it is so uncomfortable that we end up taking two vehicles every where. I would never recommend this vehicle to anybody with a family bigger than 4. Also get poor fuel mileage. Not super reliable either

LOVED OUR PACIFICA
By Liz on 01/19/10 09:53 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We've had our car for 38 months. Have had nothing go wrong with it. Our lease is over next month and we wanted to buy a new one but found out they are no longer being made.

Poor Gas Mileage
By duneriders on 01/16/10 14:52 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is roomy inside for a family of 4. I could only fit 2 carseats in the back seat, so if you have more than 2 children, I wouldn't suggest buying. It has a lot of space in the rear cargo area, it is enough to fit, stroller, play yard, and luggage and still have room to spare. It didn't get the 17 in town and 23 on freeway that I expected, I only got 14 in town and 20 on freeway, and I am not a fast speedy driver.

The Money Pit
By piperfarm on 12/15/09 18:33 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had this car for 4 months and had to replace all the rocker arms in the motor and a pulley that was cracked. Cost me $1600. Not a happy camper. All of this at 38,000 miles. Road noise is not good. I hear clicking and clacking up in the front of the car. I just turn the radio up to drown it out. I like the way the car looks inside and out. I like the way it drives. The motor is a piece of crap - obviously. Especially after reading other review of people sinking lots of money to repair the rocker arms too. What is the deal Chrysler? I have gotten used to the blind spots in the back...it took a while, but I rely on my side mirrors a lot.

leased it then bought it
By bobby henderson on 11/04/09 16:50 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I originally leased it. Silver W Black leather, 6 seats 3 ranges of very cold a/c. lots of off the line punch, smoke the front wheels if you push it hard. decent milage in the city about 17-18 hwy 26-28mpg @ 70mph cruise on.Only problem when new abs light came on panick stop produced 4 wheel lock up. Repared under warrenty. Oh almost forgot motor mounts went bad replaced w 4.0 ltr eng.looks great lots of hybred potential here. big mistake with ugly replacement. great alternative to not drive minivan, i,ve had 4.pacifica was a big mistake to kill instead to improve on a great cuv and lots of choices. sunroof,electric rear dr,6 bucket seats,nice stereo, 4wd,back up sensors police invisible...

Reliable Ride
By Jeff on 10/29/09 15:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I first leased the vehicle in '06 and at the end of the agreement Chrysler gave a great discount and bought the car. I have 50k miles on it, still original tires. I have replaced both headlights, and the front brakes and the oil regularly it's been a tank. The highway ride is great, they improved the engine in later years and then just gave up. You'll see them on the road for a long time to come.

love it
By eli on 09/18/09 19:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

No problems since i've bought it used in 07, used it in many trips - great comfort. Guess got lucky as reliability concern and so are our friends who own one. love it love it love it.

Cute but trouble.
By epv on 08/21/09 13:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased ours used in anticipation of having out first child. We love the roominess on the inside and the style, but that's about where it stops. We've paid $800+ for two major brake repairs which were not covered under warranty. Even minor repairs and maintenance are ridiculously expensive - $85 for the two headlights that went out within 3 days of each other and $150 per tire. There is also this awful rattling noise from the back that is very loud at highway speeds. The door light cover falls off when I close the door too hard. The acceleration to highway speeds is slow. The exhaust smells like it belongs on a 1970's car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.