2006 Chrysler Pacifica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:
Good car, good investment
By kerryg3 on 03/07/11 14:09 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Pacifica in 2006 with 17,000 miles on it. 5 years later, now with 107,000 miles on it, I have had limited trouble. The rocker arm went out, but the dealership covered it under the extended warranty. I have noticed a huge usage in oil, so it's just a matter of checking it more often than normal. I also had the motor mount replaced which I am being told is common in these cars. Other than the few minor repairs, the car runs great, is very reliable and fun to drive!

Best Ride I've Ever Owned
By tdsparty on 02/13/11 19:50 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Had our Pacifica for almost 2 years now, and am very happy so far. Seriously the nicest vehicle I've owned - that includes Toyota Avalon, various Fords, VW Passat... The interior is very quiet, the sound system is great, the ride is smooth. Car feels so solid - it has a big wheelbase, very sure footed. Engine isn't the perkiest, but doesn't labor and has acceleration when needed. Only service needed so far was to replace ABS sensor (ABS light was on).

I'm enjoying the ride so far!
By John Kennedy on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this FWD Basic Model for just a couple of months and have enjoyed a really nice ride so far. Our other car is a 2007 RX350 and while this vehicle does have the same features and comfort, it's pretty close and and has more room inside. I enjoy driving it. My first tank of gas gave me 17.9 miles per gallon. As good as our other car that is 500 lbs lighter with a 3.5 L engine.

One of the best I've had
By Kevin on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought with 26k, now has 105k. Replaced control arm, battery, struts. Needs backrest motor replaced. Great road car, SO comfortable, quiet and smooth. Runs/rides/drives great still. Mileage as advertised. Getting rid of it--with new service vehicle it sits most of the time. Love the sound system, roominess, handling. Better in snow than my wife's '06 outback. It has been the nicest, most dependable car I've had.

Impressive Looks Poor Engine
By malviv on 08/16/10 15:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has a history of engine oil consumption. I would strongly encourage any prospective buyer to completely research this before making a purchase. A nice car with a bad engine doesn't make for a good investment.

Love it so far
By Love it so far on 08/16/10 06:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Pacifica new in 2006 and I love it.I hear all these bad reviews on it and it makes me think that if someone has something to complain about it they will post it and if they don’t then they don’t look to make it public. I love my car and so far I am happy with it. My brake light comes on at some point every time I drive it but I could care less. One of my arms on the rear hatch broke but I replaced it myself for $12. It was easy. It does seem like it’s starting to burn a quart of oil every 3k miles or so but that’s no big deal to me.It’s not normal but I do what I have to do. I use synthetic oil and I also add Lucas oil just in case. Overall I am happy so far.

Another fine Chrysler vehicle
By John S. on 06/01/10 19:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Mine has about 56,000 miles, mostly highway usage and has never (never) had any service issues! It looks good, has decent seat comfort, adequate adult performance and good gas mileage (almost EXACTLY what the car is rated for).Still running on original tires with lots of tread left. What is not to like? I have now had 5 Chrysler cars. They have given me better service from the previous GM and Fords I had and also the horrible Saturn Vue I foolishly bought (ugh). I have considered buying a slightly used Mercedes (for the snob appeal), but I just can't abandon Chrysler given the great results I've had.

2006 pacifica
By Kemong on 05/18/10 00:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used at repo auction. Very pleased with driving and handling. Lots of room for the family. This car is fat and requires attention getting in and out of parking spaces. No problems after 7K miles of city and highway driving. Only expense so far is oil, tires and alignment. Brakes are next. No engine issues.

Great car
By monkey5 on 05/04/10 19:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car from the beginning and I love it! I always get complimented by passengers. There are so many nice features- the heated seats in front and back and I can comfortably haul two adults in the third row as well. The auto liftgate is a huge help when getting groceries and the car has a really smooth ride. The entertainment options are awesome and keep the kids very happy. Great also because we can haul them and their friends without a huge road hog vehicle. Have not had any technical issues other than an electrical coil that was under warranty. Would recommend this to anyone.

2006 Chrysler Pacifica-Touring
By S.J. Davalos on 04/13/10 11:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the vehicle a little over 2 yrs ago with 39,000 mi. So far I've had to replace both cv joints at under 42,000mi, 2 coil packs, front disc brakes, transmission leak at 40,000. The gas mileage stinks, and the front brakes are having problems breaking again. This would not have happened with a Japanese vehicle. You can bet that this is my FIRST AND LAST Dodge/Chrysler vehicle I ever buy and would only recommend it to our enemies.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.