Used 2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:

Great... Sometimes
By sbernal

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in July 2014 with exactly 100K miles, maybe a few over. It is now October 2015 and the car has about 118K. I'd say it's appearance is good and holds up decently in terms of newer vehicles. People ask the year of the vehicle and are surprised it is a 2006. The quality of the ride is excellent due to the attention Chrysler put on the suspension and the spaciousness of the cabin is enviable in the 6 cylinder class. That said, I think the engine is too small for the vehicle. The acceleration is terribly sluggish and I always think I'm driving faster than I actually am. I think I'm doing about 50 and look down to see I'm barely breaking 40. I feel like a V6 engine should be adequate, but the way they did it in this car is NOT adequate. The transmission is fully functional, but I kind of fear for it. It can be slow to shift and occasionally give an ugly clunk upon both acceleration and deceleration. I think 118K is far too early to be fearful of a transmission replacement. The AWD feature on most models is a huge positive. After the torrential New England winter last year, this vehicle performed exceptionally well. I drove the car for the first 10 months of our ownership. However, my wife works in a location where the driveway in is nearly a vertical slope -- and the Pacifica made it up regardless of the quality of the weather. She asked me to borrow it so many times, I eventually told her it belonged to her. In terms of instrumentation, I am disappointed. Chrysler had always billed this vehicle as one with luxury styling. The dash display is nearly identical to a Town & Country years older. We had a friend who drove a 1998 T&C and the instrumentation was nearly identical. Very basic, as far as I am concerned. Speedometer, gas gauge, tachometer. Where is the engine thermostat? I've never owned a car that didn't have one. How about a display showing the temperature outside? Miles to empty display? I realize there are different "grades" of this car, however this was is not the total base model. I replaced a 2001 Volvo with this one also labeled "luxury", so I figured 5 years was enough for Chrysler to catch up. Not so much. It's sorely lacking and seems like the primary place Chrysler cheaped out on. Speaking of "cheaped out on", Chrysler installed a DVD player in my vehicle beneath the radio, but did not install a monitor. So... you have exactly half a unit. I have looked into installing a monitor multiple times. The cost is astronomical. If you have a third party do it, the cost can be in the thousands (on a now-9 year old American car... I'll pass). If you attempt it yourself, you'd be better no less than "Level: Expert". The number of items you have to disassemble inside and the number and cost of the parts you have to buy is enough to destroy your will to live. You need to be both mechanically and electrically inclined with precision -- this requires replacing the headliner with a brand new one and re-cutting the fabric to match all the things sticking out like it did from the factory.

Best Car I've ever Purchased
By Demetries

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

First off this is 2015 I just bought a 06 Pacifica that just hit 100k miles, the car is a dream, drives with no issue. I would expect a truck to ride rough have a lot of blind spots but it is a dream. one thing that definitely wins me is the space! I am 6"1 I have long legs and it always has been a issue with me driving or sitting in the back. the car is wonderful! I am ready to fill it up with some kids of my own for the 4 seats in the back. only issue is have is there really isn't much storage space in arm or eye reach. i am use to storing stuff in different places that is reachable when i am driving. not good on gas but I am coming from having Cars for over 10 years into the truck world, but its good on gas on the highway.

My Dream Ride
By Rose Jacobson

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2006 Pacifica in 2008. With 32000 MI on it. Have loved it! Only had to have the brakes fixed once, but that's not bad for 7 yrs of driving. I would buy it again. Wish they hadn't quit making them!!!!!!!

Decent Family Vehicle
By sbe79

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car last year with 100K on it. We had a large amount of problems with it upon purchase that were 100% covered by the dealer (a Chrysler-certified Jeep dealership). We bought it in July, it was finally cleared from the dealer's service bay in November. That could be a record. The issue was an EVAP code that eventually led to having both fuel pumps replaced (the car has two). The dealer began with the easy stuff (replacing valves and the gas cap). The vehicle is an overall very good SUV. It is spacious and the ride quality is on par with higher-end SUVs. I'm not totally sold on the quality, but it's nearly solid since then. I replaced the EGR valve this month.

Very roomy. Comfortable ride with solid suspension. Good sound system. Adding a vent to the backseat was a nice touch. The fact that it looks nice on the outside doesn't hurt.

The vent to the backseat is pretty weak. In the summer, when you blast the AC, it's a pretty slight breeze inching out of that vent. I'm also very confused as to why they would put in a DVD player, but no screens. I asked a Chrysler dealership about the cost to add a screen in the backseat to the DVD player in the dash... they quoted me at $1000. Yeah, OK. It seems like a silly gimmick -- they put in HALF of a luxury item and then ask YOU to pay the other half, the more expensive half. It would have been more economical if they just would have installed the screens in the factory before they put in the headliner and asked a few hundred more! What a joke!

BEST SUV CROSS OVER
By paul272

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My Pacifica has107000 miles not a single problem! Great in the snow here in Illinois! Has all the bells and whistles! Have never experienced any rocker problems! GREAT TRUCK CAN BEAT HAD IT NEW ! WOULD BUY ANOTHER!

Love the handling and the horsepower!

None for me!