2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:
BEST SUV CROSS OVER
By paul272 on 08/31/13 02:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My Pacifica has107000 miles not a single problem! Great in the snow here in Illinois! Has all the bells and whistles! Have never experienced any rocker problems! GREAT TRUCK CAN BEAT HAD IT NEW ! WOULD BUY ANOTHER!

Hope you bought the extended warranty
By lovey4 on 07/23/13 15:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, the car was nice looking, just issues. It was spacious and comfortable for long road trips. At 40k miles alternator went, 50k something in the frontend needed repair due to noise (never went away) then at 60k ti-rod needed to be replaced, 70k engine sensors (mulitiple), timing belt, water pump needed replacement and air conditioning needed to be recharged. Not the best in snow.

My Money PIT!
By michele2487 on 02/17/13 08:41 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car in February of 2012. I have not had this car for a year and I have already had to have the engine replaced, within the first month of purchase. (thank the Lord that the dealership replaced for free). My mileage says 137,000 miles, the "new" engine is only suppose to have around 37,000 miles on it. My front motor mount has had to be replaced, as well as other minor things, battery, starter, alternator. Now, I had the oil changed not even 2 months ago, I do in-town driving, short errands, nothing major and my Fiance checked my oil and it was bone dry. Now my engine is making the same knocking noise that it was making before I had the engine replaced.

Car cuts off
By dave3cb1 on 01/02/13 06:41 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Love the car have had no problems with it. Past 3-4 months the car has been cutting off at intersections after getting ready to takeoff after stops. Does anybody know what the problem could be. Thanks

So Far So GREAT
By jetfan2012 on 12/20/12 08:34 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2006 Pacifica (base model) in May of 2012. The price was right and since I don't have a long commute, there was no need for all the extras (I drive about 3 minutes to the commuter parking lot). On the weekends, when running errands it is great. I usually have my daughter and my neice in the back and after about 30 minutes, they fall asleep. The ride is so smooth and comfortable and spacious, anyone who rides in the backseat falls asleep. The truck space? SO MUCH ROOM!

Repair
By jean46 on 07/09/12 12:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had to replace the gear box at a cost of 375.00 and the dealer says that this model is well known for the same problem. But no re-call has been offered by Chrysler. The gear will not come out of park once a spring has broken. Come on Chrysler,,,a spring??? for the price you charge for your products one would think you could well afford a better part.

First salesman's car for me that is not a van!
By paulsnj on 06/11/12 06:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just picked up this car after much soul-searching to replace my 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan that I owned for 135K of its 183K miles driven. This car had some interesting options for a base model: Heated leather seats and a CD changer (I am 43 and still do not own an I-pod). Also only 48K miles but I will be racking them up pretty fast. Very solid heavy vehicle with the 3.5 V6. Would have liked the 3.8 as in my van, but was not available in 2006. Not the fastest off the line, my van was a bit quicker, but great highway cruiser. No third row in the base, but five people in it over the weekend had no issues. If you don't want a van and can put up with slightly smaller size it's worth a look.

Solid, low cost Mommy-Mobile.
By nettech on 08/28/11 16:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We've had our 2006 Pacifica for a year now, and it has been a blessing for us as new parents. The amount of things one needs to carry around for a baby is staggering, and our old Corolla wasn't cutting it. Its comfortable, feels very smooth and solid while driving, and holds quite a bit of stuff, making it perfect for weekend shopping trips. Only real downside so far has been the fuel economy (about 16-18 mpg on average, quite a contrast to a Corolla), but we knew that going in. We purchased it in 2010 from a wholesaler for $10,900, which was a significant discount from its $28,000 sticker price. If it continues to run for the next 4-5 years without any major repairs, we'll be happy.

Favorite car thus far, but starting to show her age...
By kickkiki on 05/12/11 19:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I loved this car the moment I first drove it down the road. Actually drove 3 different Pacifica's before deciding on the '06 Touring FWD (at the time I worked at a Chevy dealer and we had 3 used ones on the lot). We've been driving this car since Feb. '08. Started with 32K & just rolled 97K early this week. We do a lot of traveling & it has always been the favorited reliable car to use. No real major issues. Do have occassional squeak in driver seat from bolster (Chrysler dealer would just adjust it & say it was 'corrected'.Aggravating). Just recently ABS light comes on intermittently and only once actually felt a shutter in braking (as though ABS kicked in) just before lite came on. :-/

POOR WORKMANSHIP AT IT'S BEST
By lemonsbeware on 05/04/11 19:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am about to trade my '06 Pacifica in. Since I bought it: left front axle broke as I was leaving a parking space, emissions leak x 2, ABS malfunctions, lose power steering after driving in the rain, car shuts off immediately after sharp left turns, replaced struts. Now: front and rear motor bearings must be replaced, entire oil pan needs to be replaced, belt tensioner needs to be replaced, AND THIS DOESNT COVER THE OTHER EXHISTING PROBLEMS. I am a single mom of two. I do not drive like a lunatic and I use it to run local errands; take me and the kids to and from school and work. This car has cost me so much money it makes me want to cry.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.