Used 2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:

Decent Family Vehicle
By sbe79

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car last year with 100K on it. We had a large amount of problems with it upon purchase that were 100% covered by the dealer (a Chrysler-certified Jeep dealership). We bought it in July, it was finally cleared from the dealer's service bay in November. That could be a record. The issue was an EVAP code that eventually led to having both fuel pumps replaced (the car has two). The dealer began with the easy stuff (replacing valves and the gas cap). The vehicle is an overall very good SUV. It is spacious and the ride quality is on par with higher-end SUVs. I'm not totally sold on the quality, but it's nearly solid since then. I replaced the EGR valve this month.

Very roomy. Comfortable ride with solid suspension. Good sound system. Adding a vent to the backseat was a nice touch. The fact that it looks nice on the outside doesn't hurt.

The vent to the backseat is pretty weak. In the summer, when you blast the AC, it's a pretty slight breeze inching out of that vent. I'm also very confused as to why they would put in a DVD player, but no screens. I asked a Chrysler dealership about the cost to add a screen in the backseat to the DVD player in the dash... they quoted me at $1000. Yeah, OK. It seems like a silly gimmick -- they put in HALF of a luxury item and then ask YOU to pay the other half, the more expensive half. It would have been more economical if they just would have installed the screens in the factory before they put in the headliner and asked a few hundred more! What a joke!

BEST SUV CROSS OVER
By paul272

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My Pacifica has107000 miles not a single problem! Great in the snow here in Illinois! Has all the bells and whistles! Have never experienced any rocker problems! GREAT TRUCK CAN BEAT HAD IT NEW ! WOULD BUY ANOTHER!

Love the handling and the horsepower!

None for me!

Hope you bought the extended warranty
By lovey4

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, the car was nice looking, just issues. It was spacious and comfortable for long road trips. At 40k miles alternator went, 50k something in the frontend needed repair due to noise (never went away) then at 60k ti-rod needed to be replaced, 70k engine sensors (mulitiple), timing belt, water pump needed replacement and air conditioning needed to be recharged. Not the best in snow.

Very spacious! Hatch space is huge and plenty of room in passenger area also. Always started, breaks never had to be replaced (had them checked many times but always great) Very comfortable. Tint on the windows was perfect especially in the rear windows.Nice for small family

Offer a longer warranty on this model, for the size of this model I would have thought it would have handled better in snow. Would be very nice if blind spots were better (when trying to change lanes you have to be able to rely your mirrors due to poor design in rear)

My Money PIT!
By michele2487

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car in February of 2012. I have not had this car for a year and I have already had to have the engine replaced, within the first month of purchase. (thank the Lord that the dealership replaced for free). My mileage says 137,000 miles, the "new" engine is only suppose to have around 37,000 miles on it. My front motor mount has had to be replaced, as well as other minor things, battery, starter, alternator. Now, I had the oil changed not even 2 months ago, I do in-town driving, short errands, nothing major and my Fiance checked my oil and it was bone dry. Now my engine is making the same knocking noise that it was making before I had the engine replaced.

Car cuts off
By dave3cb1

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Love the car have had no problems with it. Past 3-4 months the car has been cutting off at intersections after getting ready to takeoff after stops. Does anybody know what the problem could be. Thanks