Used 2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:

Great family vehicle, awesome on highway.
By Jimmy James

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So I bought this from a family member in September 15. It's a great family vehicle and kids love it. Coming from a 2dr wrangler, this was a huge gain in interior space although huge decrease in coolness. It accelerates ok but transmission can be jittery in changing gears. fuel economy ok for an 06 car. Took it on a long road trip and performed exceptionally great. Have only changed the oil and replaced back rotors. It's a huge vehicle with plenty roominess, but sucks to park in the city parallel parking. Driving it feels like you're driving a sedan - sort of. Seems like i got one of the good ones as many other reviews claim issues with transmission, motor mounts and rusting engine cradle. If i ever have to fix any of those issues, will just trade it in or sell it for cheap. Kids love it. It's a popular vehicle on used car market, so much so Chrysler brought it back as a new full fledged mini-van which looks like a giant chunky 200c , apparently they are killing off the Town and Country and the Dodge Caravan. I have the base version with the 3.5L engine which is ok. I can imagine the 07-08s with the 4.0L have much better acceleration and have a 6 speed transmission as opposed the 4 speed on mine, but those cost more and look like are less reliable. Would recommend if you buy it with under 100K miles and make sure to inspect motor mounts and engine cradle are not rusted out, otherwise you will be stuck with moneypit no one will buy.

Worst car ever
By Jay C

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

90,000 miles i changed the transmission at about 70,000, i have to change motor mounts every year maybe a year and a half at most, changed the front suspension at about 60,000. The car shuts off while driving and lurches forward when stopped at lights. Absolute worst vehicle i’ve ever had. GPS just stopped.Tire pressure sensors break every time i go through a car wash so i have to hand wash only. I’ve had to fix a host of other things that i’d rather not recall just had it tow to the shop again -evap codes- possible why its shutting off. Chrysler dealership support is worthless they say they don’t know whats wrong with it even though there is a recall on the fuel pump. my brother had the same car his burst into flames while he was driving it. i guess i’m lucky

Great... Sometimes
By sbernal

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in July 2014 with exactly 100K miles, maybe a few over. It is now October 2015 and the car has about 118K. I'd say it's appearance is good and holds up decently in terms of newer vehicles. People ask the year of the vehicle and are surprised it is a 2006. The quality of the ride is excellent due to the attention Chrysler put on the suspension and the spaciousness of the cabin is enviable in the 6 cylinder class.

That said, I think the engine is too small for the vehicle. The acceleration is terribly sluggish and I always think I'm driving faster than I actually am. I think I'm doing about 50 and look down to see I'm barely breaking 40. I feel like a V6 engine should be adequate, but the way they did it in this car is NOT adequate. The transmission is fully functional, but I kind of fear for it. It can be slow to shift and occasionally give an ugly clunk upon both acceleration and deceleration. I think 118K is far too early to be fearful of a transmission replacement.

The AWD feature on most models is a huge positive. After the torrential New England winter last year, this vehicle performed exceptionally well. I drove the car for the first 10 months of our ownership. However, my wife works in a location where the driveway in is nearly a vertical slope -- and the Pacifica made it up regardless of the quality of the weather. She asked me to borrow it so many times, I eventually told her it belonged to her.

In terms of instrumentation, I am disappointed. Chrysler had always billed this vehicle as one with luxury styling. The dash display is nearly identical to a Town & Country years older. We had a friend who drove a 1998 T&C and the instrumentation was nearly identical. Very basic, as far as I am concerned. Speedometer, gas gauge, tachometer. Where is the engine thermostat? I've never owned a car that didn't have one. How about a display showing the temperature outside? Miles to empty display? I realize there are different "grades" of this car, however this was is not the total base model. I replaced a 2001 Volvo with this one also labeled "luxury", so I figured 5 years was enough for Chrysler to catch up. Not so much. It's sorely lacking and seems like the primary place Chrysler cheaped out on.

Speaking of "cheaped out on", Chrysler installed a DVD player in my vehicle beneath the radio, but did not install a monitor. So... you have exactly half a unit. I have looked into installing a monitor multiple times. The cost is astronomical. If you have a third party do it, the cost can be in the thousands (on a now-9 year old American car... I'll pass). If you attempt it yourself, you'd be better no less than "Level: Expert". The number of items you have to disassemble inside and the number and cost of the parts you have to buy is enough to destroy your will to live. You need to be both mechanically and electrically inclined with precision -- this requires replacing the headliner with a brand new one and re-cutting the fabric to match all the things sticking out like it did from the factory.

Best Car I've ever Purchased
By Demetries

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

First off this is 2015 I just bought a 06 Pacifica that just hit 100k miles, the car is a dream, drives with no issue. I would expect a truck to ride rough have a lot of blind spots but it is a dream. one thing that definitely wins me is the space! I am 6"1 I have long legs and it always has been a issue with me driving or sitting in the back. the car is wonderful! I am ready to fill it up with some kids of my own for the 4 seats in the back.

only issue is have is there really isn't much storage space in arm or eye reach. i am use to storing stuff in different places that is reachable when i am driving. not good on gas but I am coming from having Cars for over 10 years into the truck world, but its good on gas on the highway.

My Dream Ride
By Rose Jacobson

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2006 Pacifica in 2008. With 32000 MI on it. Have loved it! Only had to have the brakes fixed once, but that's not bad for 7 yrs of driving. I would buy it again. Wish they hadn't quit making them!!!!!!!