My first pacifica was free, the one they gave me the next day was not
By oileater on
2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
Bought a 38k model in 2005. On the 45 min. drive home (I-75 N) the accelorator began to surge & fail. About half way home it became clear that I would have to "CRAWL" the rest of the way in order to avoid an accident. Made it home called carmax. They asked if I could drive it back the next day. I told them I was coming back now (tonight). Got there right before they closed where I was lead to a 7 yr. old "rough" celica loaner. This is surely the ONLY $38,000 7 yr old celica known to ever exist. After a week of the dealer managment insisting that I "honor" the service agreement we had purchased the "DAY BEFORE". The newly promoted Pres. of dealership asked me to pick a equally valued replace
Favorite Features
We have loved our family trips to home in Fla. thanks partly to the game console DVD player hookups with discreet sound to rear seats. Plenty of room for the cat & dog. Smooth ride and all the things that attracted me to the car. However, at 6 yrs & 73,000 miles Chrysler has had to replace the engine mounts 4 (four) times under our extended warranty. Last rplacement was 2009. Just found out today that it needs a new Transmission & engine mounts (that makes 5x). and of course the warranty is expired. So that is $4,500. billed to me. Thankfully Chrysler is comping it minus $500. deductible. Deductible from what?
Suggested Improvements
I am confident that any Original Design engineering miscalculations (like the TOO SMALL engine mounts) will never be corrected. This is why Chrysler failed [violative content deleted].