2005 Chrysler Pacifica Consumer Review: MONEY PIT

2005 Chrysler Pacifica - Consumer Review

Touring Wagon (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

MONEY PIT
By deemilli on

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. I've had nothing but problems. I've replaced the tire rods, brakes 2 twice, just last week spent $800 dollars on motor mounts, last year replaced the transmission $1500. Guess what, transmission is still acting up, took it back to the dealer and they said they could not find anything wrong with the car. They cleared the codes and the car ran fine until this past weekend. Check light engine is back on and you guessed it?? Transmission Torque convertor and front pump failure. Thank goodness for warrenties!!! otherwise it would be another $1500 if not more. Beware do not purchase this car, it is a MONEY PIT.

I purchased this car because it was roomy and seemed great at the time to drive in the mountains when we went skiing.

Not sure how they can improve on this car, I would not buy it again. Beware, nothing but problems.
By natale0624
on 02/17/12 11:19 AM (PST)

I have a 2005 also and I have already replaced the Motor mounts, cant tell you how many sets of tires, and fuel pump. My transmission slips but yet they can never find anything wrong with it. I have had it taken in so many times but there is always nothing wrong. I have 79,000 miles and today its in the shop for an oil leak! Ughhhhhh I love my car but its a money pit just like you said!