Used 2005 Chrysler Pacifica Consumer Reviews - 318 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Pacifica - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chrysler Pacifica

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:

Nice Vehicle
By spartyjim

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car new. One unique problem that was fixed even though the car was out of warranty. Headliner buckled and was replaced. No mechanical problems, it drives very nice and the ride is smooth. A problem common to all SUV's I've had is the side visibilty. Pillars make you have to look carefully. Highway mileage is over 21 mpg with air on at over 75MPH. No oil use like some others say. We have the small V6

Drivability, comfort, height over other vehicles give a good view of the road

We've purchasd over 50 new cars in our life, mostly GM. This one ranks in our top five.

I need to trade it
By chocolategirl

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2006 after renting one and trading in a 2001 Ford minivan. I thought that this was gonna be a long lasting relationship with this car but I have already replaced both axles, and in 2008 I stayed at the shop with it. Now I took it back about a week ago to the dealership because I heard a humming sound and no air along with water hitting my left foot. As soon as I can I am done with Chrysler cars.

dvd player for the kids and 6 disc cd changer

make a better vehicle

It Eats Oil
By dontbuy

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Don't Buy! I bought this car w/ 27kmi & from beginning it consumed oil. They denied it was a problem for yrs. Had to change oil at 2500mi or it would run dry. Struggled w/ Chrysler to fix for years. Finally, at 80k, w/ a lot of screaming at manager. threats of attorneys, & 50 posts printed out of others w/ same problem, they looked into it further. Consumed 3/4 quart oil every 500mi after the first 1000mi. Finally they replaced engine. Mechanic said it was written all over engine. 3 broken motor mounts, exhaust leak, computer malfunction all not covered under top Chrysler extended warranty. $500 each repair. At least warranty paid for engine. Just dumped the car for a more reliable Toyota.

Love the styling of car. Captain chairs in 2nd row. Auto HVAC system, no need to constantly adjust. Rear air in all 3 rows and rear center console.

Stand behind the vehicle and fix obvious recall items in oil consumption and motor mounts. Poor visibility in reverse. Broken motor mounts are common and $150 each plus labor. Lots of rattles and hwy road noise gets louder with age. Forget talking on bluetooth and being able to hear. 17MPG

Should of done the research first!
By billfari69

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Pacifica used in 06 with 28000 miles on it. Too good to be true.At 34050 miles The oil was completely gone, and there was one oil change done between that time. Good thing we bought the extended warranty. WRONG! Chrysler claimed it was our fault for not checking oil every time we bought gas. After months of fighting with Chrysler we had to give in and purchase a new used engine for $5500. We are now stuck with this car, we are so upside down its ridiculous. Do yourself a favor and upgrade now before its too late.

ZERO

Dont make this car anymore

Never Again.......
By Cassandra

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After my beloved '97 Explorer went into the shop yet again, I began to look for a new vehicle. My needs were gas mileage, interior room and ample storage. I liked the looks of the Pacifica and really liked the 25 mpg on the sticker. Well, the gas mileage runs about 16 mpg and it spent the first 3 months in and out of the shop including and a new transmission, abs sensor and on and on. Let's not even talk about the people I've cut off on the highway in the blind spot(s). Would I buy another? No way.

I do like the green color

mileage, blind spots, and what's with the annoying thumping air baffling?