2005 Chrysler Pacifica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:
Great crossover!
By Dave on 03/29/08 21:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I found a used '05, AWD with all the extras & only 14,500 mi. I drove it 2,000 miles home with no problems. A great, comfortable ride. A bit underpowered for the weight but that makes it more stable, especially in bad weather. The room inside is great for our family and all our stuff. Leg room in the 2nd row is wonderful. All the extras like DVD, sunroof, etc. make it that much more fun to drive. I even managed just under 24 mpg on one stretch. Not as bad as I expected. Overall a great family vehicle that drives like a car with all the benefits of an SUV and mini-van. If you want an AWD vehicle that isn't a box, has some style and is comfortable and fun to drive, then this is for you.

Great daily driver, pleasantly surprised
By 4stichs on 03/16/08 18:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I leased this car 3 years ago and I'm due to turn it in next August. I got a great deal on the lease and I'm happy I got it. It's the very base model, no addon's and it's still plenty loaded. Power everything and keyless entry. The car has been fairly dependable. One of the tie rod ends failed and had a problem with the front passenger side airbag sensor. All fixed under warranty and the problem has not come back. The car is quiet to drive, has pretty good pickup and handles bumps in the ride just fine. It's not going to give race car performance around turns, but it's also not a sports car. I would consider another one if the lease price was right. But it's being discontinued...

39 Month lease
By JDK on 03/08/08 17:40 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I leased my 2005 Pacifica Limited in Dec 04 on a Chrysler 39 month lease. Itís due up in a few days and I am 100% satisfied with the Pacifica. There have been a few recalls but other than thatÖ it has been flawless. The quality and drive have been great. Iíve owned and/or have driven most other makes and the Pac is equal to anything out there for the money. It stickered for around 38k so that puts in the same class as some Euro and upper Japanese makes which I think it is equal to in quality, fit, and finish. We have always felt safe (as safe as one can be on the road) in the Pac. Final thoughts. Great quality and safe car for a small to mid-sized family that likes to cruise in style.

Oil Eater!
By antrod on 01/13/08 12:01 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love the styling and the third row seat, but that is it! My biggest complaint is that it runs out of oil at 3500 miles. Chrysler claims that 1 quart every 1000 miles is within "normal parameters" and they can't seem to find my car's problem and claim it is "within their parameters". They voided my warranty after 3500 miles between an oil change which is over the recommended 3000 Miles. 3500-4000 between changes should be no problem. Yet this car was almost dry at 3500, 4.5 out of 5 quarts low! They see that a car may have a major problem and will find what ever it takes to not stand behind the vehicle. 3500 and it's void and your problem and your cost despite the $2000 warranty we bought.

Got Oil?
By Lisa on 12/30/07 22:39 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love the style of the car and all of the features are wonderful! The DVD/suround sound is also a good feature. Having 6 seats is also an added bonus, but with all of that being said, my car burns more than 1 qt. of oil in about 800 miles. This has been verified twice by the dealership and Chrysler refuses to deal with the problem.

Perfect for Us
By laservision on 12/29/07 18:13 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife had a spinal fusion and needed a vehicle that would have easy ingress and exit, give excellent back support and have a smooth, smooth ride. The Pacifica fit the bill on all accounts. The seats are very supportive and adjust to any posture. The ride is buttery smooth, even over the most potholed of Michigan roads, but the car rides flat on curves- no rolling typical of a large American car. We are very impressed by the build quality and interior materials. No plasticky feel or cheap-feeling surfaces. On the downside, the gas mileage is pretty bad with a huge range- from 13.5 city to 22 highway. The sound system has a lot of bells and whistles but the sound is rather poor.

One of the best
By Jack on 10/21/07 09:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

One of the best driving vehicles I've ever had. The gas mileage is not bad for the weight of this vehicle. The only complaint I have is rear view problems. You cannot see good out the back, however driving this SUV on the highway is a dream. Plenty of leg room front and back, handling is also good.

Nice, comfortable
By vince120 on 09/24/07 12:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

20,000, 2.5 years into my base Pacifica and everything is going fine. Very easy to drive, more than adequate pickup, good response and plenty of base features have made this car easy to own. Milaege is low of course and it's not easy to park, the doors seem like they are a foot thick! When my lease is up I'll consider purchasing this car.

Love my Pacifica
By Michele on 09/21/07 12:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Pacifica! I have driven it for 6 months now and it is by far the funnest, most comfortable, family friendly, stylish car we have ever owned or leased. We have driven to Southern CA in it when it was 2 months old (to us) and it was a beuatiful drive. Very quiet and a smooth ride. Overall, I am very happy with everything in and on my Pacifica.

05 PAC AWD
By turbanski on 09/11/07 10:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have the 05 touring model with 19" wheels. Living in the northeast the AWD with 19" wheels has proven to be unstoppable in winter. Overall, no problems with the vehicle. I have returned to dealer twice for factory recalls, but did not experience any recall related problems.