2005 Chrysler Pacifica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:
Speed sensors
By Leah on 07/19/08 13:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car is decent. Nice style and plenty of room for a family, but I must have a lemon. I have had my ABS sensors in all four wheels replaced 2 times and my axle has broken twice, for no reason, just city driving, to the grocery store and mall. The first time I had the problem with the ABS sensors the car was only a few months old and its happened every year. Now I am working on the 3rd time I must have these sensors changed and they have no clue why I keep having this problem. Of course, now the car no longer has a warranty and I have to pay for it. DESPITE the fact that the same work has been done 2 other times. Just beware and be cautious.

By KMeade on 07/11/08 10:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I had a Ford Explorer XLT and I wanted something smaller but still big and this did it for me. I like the gas and the controls on the steering wheel. I love the space and the truck lots of leg room and very comfortable. Could have done better about the backup view. But I can work it.

Oil Issues
By Chrysler Oil Problem on 07/01/08 08:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I loved the car when we first bought it, but have had the oil consumption problems that others have talked about. At 3000 miles, the oil is completely gone. The dealer replaced the top half of the engine, but the problem is still there. Chrysler said it is normal to have oil consumption like that. They said there has been issues, but have no idea where the oil is going. I had a 96' Jeep Cherokee that had 380,000 miles and never burned an ounce of oil. Seems to me Chrysler should deal with this problem. At 3,000 miles the engine clicks. I loved Chrysler vehicles, but will never buy another one.

Touring sports car
By bill on 06/24/08 11:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Drives like a high priced sedan great ride and comfort great styling and room for the Family Chrysler has not done a very good job marketing this vehicle, Compared to the new dodge SUV there is no comparing the two the Pacifica is a far superior beast ! look for your self.

Would Have Not Purchased This Vehcile
By Charleston,SC on 06/23/08 08:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The visibility on this car is terrible. Two of the ABS sensors went on it within 2 months of owning it. Anything you get on the seat stains because of the material. You cannot just steam clean it yourself. It stains worse. When stepping on the gas (at times) the RPM goes up to 4 and the car hesitates too much. I heard this is due to the new engines that have been put into these models.

2005 Pacifica the best
By margie on 06/03/08 11:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving Chrysler products since I was 17 years old and am now 56, this should tell Chrysler how happy I am with their product. My family of four have always and will always drive a Chrysler. It is a shame that Chrysler will no longer be making this vehicle. Where is Chrysler head? Bring back Lee Iaccoca maybe he can make the big boys understand that this is what people want. This is a mid-size SUV and there is nothing else but the larger SUV-Aspen. Is Chrysler working along with the gas companies? For those of you with a Pacifica inform Chrysler not be stop making this vehicle.

Hard to go wrong
By Ozzallos on 05/20/08 16:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this vehicle as high mileage fleet, and have very few complaints. The interior is comfy, the storage capacity positively huge. I've had one burnt out turn signal and a wiper replacement in the year I've owned it so far and it's handled, all the weather Indiana could throw at it.

By Brandy Crenshaw on 05/11/08 17:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I think that you cant beat what the Pacifica offers to a family being small or big. Saftey and comfortability is big in my book. The Pacifica offers this and then some with its SUV sporty look. And with a pinch of class, it offers self comfidence and worth.

Terrific Ride!!!
By Satisfied_Owner on 04/25/08 05:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. It looks great and handles well in all types of weather. I've driven on ice and snow, wet roads and black ice. It still handles like a dream. The car is easy to enter and exit, making it perfect for me to take my parents with me and still haul groceries and purchases. The steering wheel controls are so easy to use and keep my hands on the wheel. The front seats adjust to the most comfortable position easily. The back seats fold down to allow me to move bigger objects easily. What can I say - I love my car!!!

We Like
By Thomas on 04/17/08 07:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had this car a couple of days and I love it already. It has a lot of features for a 2005. I had an Infinit 2005 a while back with a lot of options. This car is the only one we have found so far with all the bells and whistles for a reasonable price. It rides very smooth and noise reduction in car is outstanding. I recommend this car to Busy Moms who don't like the look of the minivan, but want the room. The car has all the space of a minivan, with the class to go along. It can be used for soccer practice, or night on the town!