Used 2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Pacifica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:

Most Helpful|
Way too many problems-time to recall!!
By kelly021480

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Within 3 months of buying our 2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring we started having problems. First the rear brake sensors went out. This caused the cars brake pedal to grind when pushed, and sometimes, not stopping like it should. those were replaced at $200 each. Two weeks later, front sensors went out. Car has stalled 2 times while making a sharp left hand turn. Currently, front sway bar is bad, and causing a loud roaring sound while driving. I am not the only one having these problems, I've read HUNDREDS of reviews with the same problems. When is Chrylser going to do something about this?? What a waste of money buying this car!

Favorite Features

Lots of room inside. Like the 3rd row seating options and console between middle row seating.

Suggested Improvements

Recall wheel sensors!!!! At $200 each, this is about to break our bank, especially when they keep going out and making the car unsafe to even drive!

Great car, excellent for touring
By lbsunshine

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased our Pacifica in 2006 with 30K miles. It now has 118K. This has been a great car to drive. Our longest trip was from Southern California to Mt Rushmore. It has been super reliable and practically maintenance free. The comfort can't be beat. We change the oil every 3k or so miles and all has been fine. We had the brakes and the oil pan gasket changed. We are a family of three so storage isn't a problem. Our son, though about 5'6" still sits in the third row of seats. My only complaint are the blind spot on the drivers side due to the rear end being so wide and the noise when the back windows are down. Chrysler should put it back into production.

Favorite Features

The positioning of the Navigation system is wonderful. The power lift gate is incredibly handy to have. The seats are so comfortable, it's like driving your couch. Gas mileage (and CA charges top $) is great. We average about 20 miles to the gallon.

Suggested Improvements

Update for the Navigation system.

Engine Gone
By Bryans Road

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had some many problems with my pacific. It started over heating in June 2009 and now I'm in the process of purchasing a new engine. It stopped on the highway and I had to have it towed to a repair shop. $4500.00 for new engine. With a 72 month loan, I owe $4800.00. Add $4500.00 to it. I'm convinced that Chrysler was aware of the problems and high maintenance. Oh, that's way it's no longer in production. Hum!

Favorite Features

DVD, lift gate

Suggested Improvements

fuel efficiency, engine.

From heaven to lemon. [MUST READ]
By jonvincent

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

1.Has great acceleration from dead start, quickly pickups speed from 50 to 100kmph for a heavy vehicle with a 3.5L engine. 2.If you worry about room, don't bother. This vehicle has enough room to seat your whole family or even turn into a mobile sleeping quarters. 3. A little pricey considering the poor fuel economy, well known transmission and computer issues which I have experienced all of. 4. Fun to drive, and easy to handle, maneuvering through all sorts of terrain and never leaving me stranded. 5. For an older vehicle the interior has a modern design to it, even better than most cars these days. Transmission broke down on highway, computer went a month later and more...

Favorite Features

What i enjoy most about this vehicle is the space. There is a lot of leg space, cargo space and passenger space. I have never had to complain about space at all and I am 245 pounds 6 foot tall.

Suggested Improvements

1.Transmission design. These transmissions are well known for breaking down without any sort of strain or abuse. Mine broke down at 230km just driving on the highway at a speed of 105kmph 2.Fuse box (Integrated power module) circuit boards were clearly made with cheap parts. My first one blew at 150k, second one blew at 231k and third one blew at 253k, all of which are the same design with no improvements.

Love it
By Stacey

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have put all of the 140,000 miles on this car and have loved every minute! Aside from normal things like Gas, Oil Changes, brakes batteries and tires I have not spent much money. In the 5 1/2 years I have had it I have spent less than $3,000 on repairs. An air conditioner blower motor, power seat motor on the drivers side, motor mounts and some transmission service.

Favorite Features

Looks!