Used 2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Pacifica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:

It was nothing but trouble.
By zion

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My first Chrysler product - off-lease with only 20K miles! Overall we have enjoyed the car interior features, BUT: for the first two months I drove car only once - from a dealer, and the rest - car was in repairs; battery died (less than 3 years old); could not move a shifter from parking position – little plastic part got broken (under- engineered); engine light and "gas cap" message came on - EVAP system problem /leak; ABS light came on and stayed means ABS was disengaged - probably bad sensors; two tires started slow leaking air and tire-shop mechanic pointed out on micro cracks (expensive Michelin tires!); I lost my feeling of safety; customer service virtually not existed.

Interior design, comfort, Bluetooth, loaded with useful standard options, affordability

After owning it only half a year I promptly sold it. It was nothing but trouble. Chrysler doesn’t belong in the car business. We can not trust Chrysler with our kid’s safety. Chrysler should not belong to America. I will NEVER buy another Chrysler again! I just don't trust them anymore!

Stay away from the car!!!
By Klevrgirl

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have never written a review before, but am so upset with this car I chose to share with others so they can avoid the $ trap of owning this vehicle. First, the whole top end needed to be replaced after it started overheating repeatedly. Then the radiator hose kept dislodging due to 3 motor mounts which were broken. Then the air conditioning went out, and still isn't blowing correctly. Now?? It has the ABS sensors (all 4) being replaced, and I was told it may be more than that... Total cost?? with the extended drive train warranty?? Thousands... not to mention it is guaranteed to fail on you when you need it the most. Tow charges above and beyond AAA??--hundreds. I am stuck with a lemon.

Used to drive like a dream!!! Great turning radius for teeny parking spots, awesome cargo and passenger space, features are wonderful... very plush and great for a woman driver (easy to reach etc.), looks good, should be the perfect car!!!

Excellent BUT!
By Chowguy

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car now has 42,000 miles. Thus far I'm pleased except for the following issues. Have replaced 3 batteries. They just go dead in the garage. No reason that I can see. Have replaced the backup sensor utility which was under warranty thank goodness. Car is fun to drive but does have some "blindspots" you need to be careful with. The battery issues is a puzzling one that just nags at me.

Lots of options which are very useful. Power liftgate, mp3 with the radio etc. steering wheel radio controls.

Bring it back and make the improvements

this car is junk
By michael bratcher

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

when we purchased this vehicle,we were hoping for it to be the last one for a long time.Know we are falling back into the same situation again.The car has been nothing but trouble,we had to have the front tierods replaced at only 36000 miles,and it has been burning a half a quart of oil between oil changes and know the egr valve is going out with only 46000 miles on it.I don't know if there is anything that can be done about this but I would really like to know.

passenger temp controls with the extra space through out the whole car.

put more quality into the drivetrain because the exterior of a vehicle is not always what sells them.

Great all around vehicle
By Watermaster

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was ready to trade my van for a convertible sports car but, with a teenage son who plays drums and needed transportation to college, I gave into a large capacity vehicle. I made a great choice. The Pacifica holds a ton of stuff while providing the feel of a luxury sedan. It drives great, has an outstanding dashboard and electronics inventory, leather, wood trim etc. I can also get 22 bags of mulch into it any time I need to.

Sound system that includes, AM/FM, satellite, 6 CD changer, DVD player. Steering wheel controls for radio channel up/down and volume.

"A" pillars a bit large an obstruct view at times. Speakers rattle from big bass sometimes.