2005 Chrysler Pacifica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:
most wonderful car
By ELK on 09/21/06 13:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

what a luxury,great riding car. a car built for long comfortable trips. we have made 4000 mile trips and have averaged 23.6 miles per gal. we have 31000 miles on our pacifica and have not needed any repairs. we have a front wheel drive and it preforms just great on our n. dak. winter roads. i recommend this car to my friends.

I would buy another one
By Stacy on 09/19/06 19:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I really like my Pacifica, on short and long excursions. The vehicle offers something for everyone. My 4 children can watch their favorite Movies and we can listen to audio tapes or the radio at the same time. The navigation systems has saved me more than once from driving around for two hours. I appreciat the automatic rear door lift when carrying heavy items. I purchased my SUV a year ago and still I am impressed. Handles tight corners well, seat warmers are a must. This SUV truly rides smooth and comfortable regardless of age. Trunk is small, i miss the under the seat storage but love the curtain airbags for safety.

Great car for small family
By tmlhump on 08/22/06 07:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our Pacifica for over a year and have a few minor issues but overall the car has fit our needs perfectly and I recommend this car for a small family situation. The Pacifica is very versatile. Long trips are a joy. Carrying our two dogs around is easy. City driving is ok with the higher point of view and quick acceleration. Great combination of style, comfort, and performance. We also had the cutting off problem. That was scary. If you have experienced this problem, IT CAN BE FIXED! Tell the dealer that the TSB# is 18-039-05. The condition only effects 2004's and half of the 2005's. Go the NHTSA website, reference ODI# 10159114 for more info.

We love it
By D Mays on 08/19/06 09:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have 2 children, one of which is at the age where she wants to have friends along. We needed a vehicle that could comfortably hold 6 people, yet we didn't want a mini-van. This is the ideal vehicle for this!

A Great Car until it fails
By Hernan Cuevas on 08/08/06 17:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Yes, this is a great car, fun to drive, nice size, a unique -now emulated- concept of an hybrid between an SUV and a wagon. Handling is fantastic and suspension outstanding. Finishing looks great but a closer look will tell you is cheap and poor. But the real problems with this car are its mechanical quality/reliability (a lot of small troubles) its guarantee (Only 36,000 miles and in most of the cases, you will have to pay for those small failures as they are not covered) and service/maintenance network (where they will drain your pocket with expensive bills, not covered by guarantee, if they really do what is billed)

ABS is only major issue
By booger on 07/30/06 20:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has about 17,000 miles on it already, and I can attest to its great overall quality and performance. However, we've had 3 major issues with the ABS system which have required repair at the dealership. The ABS light would come on, and then we'd experience some kind of brake force reduction or steering problems. The dealer told us that they've been seeing a lot of Pacificas for ABS problems. Other than that, it's been a VERY reliable car. I love the interior flexibility, the engine power/gas mileage combo, and the car handles kids and cargo with ease. I love its sharp handling and willingness to accelerate when needed, but the brakes also do a great job of stopping as well.

I like it
By mt on 07/24/06 08:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Pacifica is an enjoyable car to drive and ride in. Great for long trips.

noise
By Joleen Breitbach on 07/09/06 16:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bad Noise when back windows are down partway and front windows are up. Creates a noise loud enough to break your eardrums. Almost had an accident on highway. Thought I blew a tire.

Style and Fun
By Woody Mills on 07/02/06 09:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Pacifica is stylish and fun to drive. With the onboard nav. system, at a glance of the speedometer cluster you can see the map without looking toward the center radio location as on most models. With fuel prices soaring, the average I get around town is about 20, and on a trip 28. There is power if I need it and economy too.

Glad I bought one
By Owner on 05/26/06 21:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is a quantum leap from older Chrysler designs. The interior is both stylish and functional. You can see and appreciate the European design influence on a formal evening out, and the interior room and practicality when driving your kids back to college. It's a bit sluggish in lower gears (leaving a stop light), but passing acceleration from 50 mph to 80 mph is excellent. Road handling and stability are outstanding. I am very satisfied.