2005 Chrysler Pacifica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:
Stay away from the car!!!
By Klevrgirl on 08/04/09 16:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have never written a review before, but am so upset with this car I chose to share with others so they can avoid the $ trap of owning this vehicle. First, the whole top end needed to be replaced after it started overheating repeatedly. Then the radiator hose kept dislodging due to 3 motor mounts which were broken. Then the air conditioning went out, and still isn't blowing correctly. Now?? It has the ABS sensors (all 4) being replaced, and I was told it may be more than that... Total cost?? with the extended drive train warranty?? Thousands... not to mention it is guaranteed to fail on you when you need it the most. Tow charges above and beyond AAA??--hundreds. I am stuck with a lemon.

Gas Mileage
By Kiddles on 08/03/09 16:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I recently bought a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica under the impression from the dealers information that around town, the car gets 17 mpg and 22 on highway. I found by tracking that I'm only getting 13-14 mpg. When I questioned the dealer, they said it was a rough estimate. To me, 15-16 would be a rough estimate.

Poor Build Quality (Lots of repairs)
By Brent on 07/10/09 17:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We've owned this vehicle for close to 4 years and have had many problems. Two ABS wheel sensors have gone bad & have been replaced ($150 ea). The EGR Valve went bad, but a $4 can of carburetor cleaner & a set of tools with 15 minutes under the hood fixed that problem. The EGR Valve would have cost about $250 at the dealer. Both rear windows needed the regulators replaced ($300 ea). The front left CV Joint needed to be replaced ($200). Most of the wheel bolts have broken off and needed replacement. Our gas mileage is poor 15 / 19 mpg. If this car was more reliable, we would really like it. It is great on long trips & has plenty of room. Now I wish Honda or Toyota had built our car!

Excellent BUT!
By Chowguy on 06/28/09 05:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car now has 42,000 miles. Thus far I'm pleased except for the following issues. Have replaced 3 batteries. They just go dead in the garage. No reason that I can see. Have replaced the backup sensor utility which was under warranty thank goodness. Car is fun to drive but does have some "blindspots" you need to be careful with. The battery issues is a puzzling one that just nags at me.

Simply Amazing SUV
By vamfrank on 05/01/09 23:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I simply love this car. Solid , reliable, and great looks. It is like driving a Mercedez with a chrysler logo. I was a bit reluctant to go with an American car, but no regrets. I am still amazed at my car. Pure luxury

this car is junk
By michael bratcher on 04/16/09 18:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

when we purchased this vehicle,we were hoping for it to be the last one for a long time.Know we are falling back into the same situation again.The car has been nothing but trouble,we had to have the front tierods replaced at only 36000 miles,and it has been burning a half a quart of oil between oil changes and know the egr valve is going out with only 46000 miles on it.I don't know if there is anything that can be done about this but I would really like to know.

hard to say good-buy
By ferggsluck on 04/03/09 18:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

just had to upgrade are pacifica for a 05 sienna xle, [two babies growing fast],we already miss so many of the features, of the pacifica,the on board computer,had so much more detail,then even the seinna,,we have taken the pacifica on numourous raod trips[out of state] and in 70,000 miles brakes where replaced 1 time and driver side head lamps lights twice ,but thats it ,are milage averaged 18-19 ,[same as the seinna, 19-20-mpg] I woud and maybe someday will own another pacifica,I already also miss the solid feel and ride of the pacifica,outside of the honda oddesey ex-l or the toyota seinna xle,everything else was a down grade,and even those two, the pacifica,s intruments, where superior

trade in trade up
By trade in,trade up on 04/01/09 05:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded a Dodge 1500 pick up. I am in the army and do a lot driving from state to state. The pacifica is great to drive and comfortable to ride in. I can still pull my 22 ft. Mako boat on the weekends, while driving me and 5 of my fishing buddies in comfort. I don't miss the gas I had to put in the pick-up.

Most bang for your buck
By BeachDriver on 03/16/09 16:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After hours of internet research and days of test driving vehicles, I finally purchased the Pacifica. I'm so happy with this crossover, or is it a small minivan? Nobody really knows what to call it, but I call it awesome! It's so luxurious, sometimes I forget I'm not driving a high end sedan. It rides smooth, my 3 kids fit in it comfortably as well as my husband and I with room for our baggage. Posh extras like 1st and 2nd row heated seats make it truly the best bang for your buck. The only con I can think of is it's hard to see the lower part of the road clearly when you back up, so be sure to check behind you before you get in. I really love this car.

Beware
By mickey on 03/01/09 16:51 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When the Pacifica first came out, we did buy one and ended up having the dealership buy it back because of a large amout of trouble with it... In 07 we purchased a Pacifica Limited all wheel drive....And well needless to say, here we go again...I will sell this thing after i get it fixed, and then I am done with Chrysler! It's a very pretty car, lots of room, but a can't trust it...