2005 Chrysler Pacifica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:
Engine Gone
By Bryans Road on 10/21/09 08:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had some many problems with my pacific. It started over heating in June 2009 and now I'm in the process of purchasing a new engine. It stopped on the highway and I had to have it towed to a repair shop. $4500.00 for new engine. With a 72 month loan, I owe $4800.00. Add $4500.00 to it. I'm convinced that Chrysler was aware of the problems and high maintenance. Oh, that's way it's no longer in production. Hum!

Nice Vehicle
By spartyjim on 09/29/09 09:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car new. One unique problem that was fixed even though the car was out of warranty. Headliner buckled and was replaced. No mechanical problems, it drives very nice and the ride is smooth. A problem common to all SUV's I've had is the side visibilty. Pillars make you have to look carefully. Highway mileage is over 21 mpg with air on at over 75MPH. No oil use like some others say. We have the small V6

I need to trade it
By chocolategirl on 09/19/09 17:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2006 after renting one and trading in a 2001 Ford minivan. I thought that this was gonna be a long lasting relationship with this car but I have already replaced both axles, and in 2008 I stayed at the shop with it. Now I took it back about a week ago to the dealership because I heard a humming sound and no air along with water hitting my left foot. As soon as I can I am done with Chrysler cars.

It Eats Oil
By dontbuy on 09/11/09 18:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Don't Buy! I bought this car w/ 27kmi & from beginning it consumed oil. They denied it was a problem for yrs. Had to change oil at 2500mi or it would run dry. Struggled w/ Chrysler to fix for years. Finally, at 80k, w/ a lot of screaming at manager. threats of attorneys, & 50 posts printed out of others w/ same problem, they looked into it further. Consumed 3/4 quart oil every 500mi after the first 1000mi. Finally they replaced engine. Mechanic said it was written all over engine. 3 broken motor mounts, exhaust leak, computer malfunction all not covered under top Chrysler extended warranty. $500 each repair. At least warranty paid for engine. Just dumped the car for a more reliable Toyota.

Should of done the research first!
By billfari69 on 09/10/09 20:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Pacifica used in 06 with 28000 miles on it. Too good to be true.At 34050 miles The oil was completely gone, and there was one oil change done between that time. Good thing we bought the extended warranty. WRONG! Chrysler claimed it was our fault for not checking oil every time we bought gas. After months of fighting with Chrysler we had to give in and purchase a new used engine for $5500. We are now stuck with this car, we are so upside down its ridiculous. Do yourself a favor and upgrade now before its too late.

Never Again.......
By Cassandra on 09/05/09 11:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After my beloved '97 Explorer went into the shop yet again, I began to look for a new vehicle. My needs were gas mileage, interior room and ample storage. I liked the looks of the Pacifica and really liked the 25 mpg on the sticker. Well, the gas mileage runs about 16 mpg and it spent the first 3 months in and out of the shop including and a new transmission, abs sensor and on and on. Let's not even talk about the people I've cut off on the highway in the blind spot(s). Would I buy another? No way.

Don't Buy It!!
By Badchkam on 08/25/09 21:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

If you don't mind the possibility of engine problems then I guess this car is ok, but any Mfg that thinks it is ok for the engine to burn a quart of oil every 1000 miles is out of their mind! I don't like the idea of buying a new engine that we are now faced with since the low oil censor light also failed to work!

I love my Pacifica
By justlivinlife on 08/24/09 08:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2005 Touring Pacifica in June of 2005, and have love it ever since. I have put 95,000 miles on, It has not had any mechanical problems. It actually needs it's first repair, which is why I'm online looking for information. The Pacifica needs a EGR sensor. I only have one issue with it. With just one child at home now, I feel that it is too big.

love my 2005 pacifica
By Susie91246 on 08/16/09 21:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Pacifica. I have lots of cars including an MG, 69 Camero and an 84 Corvet loved them too but now with kids, this is the best vehicle possible. Wouldn't trade it for anything. the gas mileage could be better but that's the only complaint 18 around town.

It was nothing but trouble.
By zion on 08/14/09 16:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My first Chrysler product - off-lease with only 20K miles! Overall we have enjoyed the car interior features, BUT: for the first two months I drove car only once - from a dealer, and the rest - car was in repairs; battery died (less than 3 years old); could not move a shifter from parking position – little plastic part got broken (under- engineered); engine light and "gas cap" message came on - EVAP system problem /leak; ABS light came on and stayed means ABS was disengaged - probably bad sensors; two tires started slow leaking air and tire-shop mechanic pointed out on micro cracks (expensive Michelin tires!); I lost my feeling of safety; customer service virtually not existed.