Used 2005 Chrysler Pacifica Consumer Reviews - 318 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Pacifica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:

MONEY PIT
By deemilli

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. I've had nothing but problems. I've replaced the tire rods, brakes 2 twice, just last week spent $800 dollars on motor mounts, last year replaced the transmission $1500. Guess what, transmission is still acting up, took it back to the dealer and they said they could not find anything wrong with the car. They cleared the codes and the car ran fine until this past weekend. Check light engine is back on and you guessed it?? Transmission Torque convertor and front pump failure. Thank goodness for warrenties!!! otherwise it would be another $1500 if not more. Beware do not purchase this car, it is a MONEY PIT.

I purchased this car because it was roomy and seemed great at the time to drive in the mountains when we went skiing.

Not sure how they can improve on this car, I would not buy it again. Beware, nothing but problems.

My first pacifica was free, the one they gave me the next day was not
By oileater

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a 38k model in 2005. On the 45 min. drive home (I-75 N) the accelorator began to surge & fail. About half way home it became clear that I would have to "CRAWL" the rest of the way in order to avoid an accident. Made it home called carmax. They asked if I could drive it back the next day. I told them I was coming back now (tonight).
Got there right before they closed where I was lead to a 7 yr. old "rough" celica loaner. This is surely the ONLY $38,000 7 yr old celica known to ever exist.
After a week of the dealer managment insisting that I "honor" the service agreement we had purchased the "DAY BEFORE". The newly promoted Pres. of dealership asked me to pick a equally valued replace

We have loved our family trips to home in Fla. thanks partly to the game console DVD player hookups with discreet sound to rear seats. Plenty of room for the cat & dog. Smooth ride and all the things that attracted me to the car. However, at 6 yrs & 73,000 miles Chrysler has had to replace the engine mounts 4 (four) times under our extended warranty. Last rplacement was 2009. Just found out today that it needs a new Transmission & engine mounts (that makes 5x). and of course the warranty is expired. So that is $4,500. billed to me. Thankfully Chrysler is comping it minus $500. deductible. Deductible from what?

I am confident that any Original Design engineering miscalculations (like the TOO SMALL engine mounts) will never be corrected. This is why Chrysler failed [violative content deleted].

take a pass
By adad

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car gave me so much anxiety because it always had some kind of a problem.
My axel broke, burned oil, funny noises when turning, ABS problems,lights always burning out ( I finally kept driving it and it seemed to repair itself (abs problem)) always smelled like it was burning oil, Chrysler cs was horrible I finally went into the dealership in front of customers and voiced my complaint...they finally addressed my problems.
I purchased this car as a family car and hated that I was stuck driving my family in this unreliable heap of junk. traded in after 2yrs took a huge loss not to mention repairs and traded in for a Honda Pilot . It feels good to drive a reliable car again.

had lots of power on highway

chrysler should sober up its production line workers perhaps [violative content deleted] is affecting the quality of their vehicles.

Don't Believe the Hype!!!
By patronabk

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased a 2005 Pacifica in '07 seeking a car with a sleek exterior design, ample space for three children, durability, and good gas mileage.
Unfortunately, the vehicle only met 2 out of 4 of our expectations.
Though the first 2 1/2 yrs were trouble free, the remaining 2 have been horrendous! Despite performing regular maintenance, we've had to repair/replace sensors, valves, hoses, batteries, and the entire break system.
Right now, the car is in the driveway in need of a new transmission...and it's only 6 years old! I beg you to save yourselves the trouble!
Do not purchase this car!
You will regret it in the long run.
:'0(

Exterior design, good highway (long distance) gas mileage & ample space

Extremely poor workmanship (i.e. transmission, valves, sensors, etc.) Do not reintroduce the Pacifica in the future....let it remain off the market.

Chrysler Ignores Customers and Known Problems
By time4sax

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Chrysler has ignored every issue from AC to brakes to accelerator sticking to loud clunking noises to car stalling and on and on.
All issues are known to Chrysler and they refuse to fix them until someone is injured are dies.
And they wonder why Americans don't buy US vehicles, poor quality vehicles.

We bought this vehicle because of the quality of the interior. We should have checked under the hood as well.

Chrysler should do a recall on known issues instead of allowing the few customers they have to get upset and buy from other car dealers.