Used 2005 Chrysler Pacifica Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Pacifica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:

take a pass
By adad

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car gave me so much anxiety because it always had some kind of a problem. My axel broke, burned oil, funny noises when turning, ABS problems,lights always burning out ( I finally kept driving it and it seemed to repair itself (abs problem)) always smelled like it was burning oil, Chrysler cs was horrible I finally went into the dealership in front of customers and voiced my complaint...they finally addressed my problems. I purchased this car as a family car and hated that I was stuck driving my family in this unreliable heap of junk. traded in after 2yrs took a huge loss not to mention repairs and traded in for a Honda Pilot . It feels good to drive a reliable car again.

had lots of power on highway

chrysler should sober up its production line workers perhaps [violative content deleted] is affecting the quality of their vehicles.

Don't Believe the Hype!!!
By patronabk

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased a 2005 Pacifica in '07 seeking a car with a sleek exterior design, ample space for three children, durability, and good gas mileage. Unfortunately, the vehicle only met 2 out of 4 of our expectations. Though the first 2 1/2 yrs were trouble free, the remaining 2 have been horrendous! Despite performing regular maintenance, we've had to repair/replace sensors, valves, hoses, batteries, and the entire break system. Right now, the car is in the driveway in need of a new transmission...and it's only 6 years old! I beg you to save yourselves the trouble! Do not purchase this car! You will regret it in the long run. :'0(

Exterior design, good highway (long distance) gas mileage & ample space

Extremely poor workmanship (i.e. transmission, valves, sensors, etc.) Do not reintroduce the Pacifica in the future....let it remain off the market.

Chrysler Ignores Customers and Known Problems
By time4sax

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Chrysler has ignored every issue from AC to brakes to accelerator sticking to loud clunking noises to car stalling and on and on. All issues are known to Chrysler and they refuse to fix them until someone is injured are dies. And they wonder why Americans don't buy US vehicles, poor quality vehicles.

We bought this vehicle because of the quality of the interior. We should have checked under the hood as well.

Chrysler should do a recall on known issues instead of allowing the few customers they have to get upset and buy from other car dealers.

Way too many problems-time to recall!!
By kelly021480

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Within 3 months of buying our 2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring we started having problems. First the rear brake sensors went out. This caused the cars brake pedal to grind when pushed, and sometimes, not stopping like it should. those were replaced at $200 each. Two weeks later, front sensors went out. Car has stalled 2 times while making a sharp left hand turn. Currently, front sway bar is bad, and causing a loud roaring sound while driving. I am not the only one having these problems, I've read HUNDREDS of reviews with the same problems. When is Chrylser going to do something about this?? What a waste of money buying this car!

Lots of room inside. Like the 3rd row seating options and console between middle row seating.

Recall wheel sensors!!!! At $200 each, this is about to break our bank, especially when they keep going out and making the car unsafe to even drive!

Our Family Truckster
By abartel

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Based on the looks compared to mini-van and suv options, my wife chose a red Pacifica Touring with 3.5L engine for our family car purchase in Spring 2005. We have owned the vehicle since new (now has 76000 mi), experiencing a few problems including 1) tie rod end replacement, 2) motor mounts twice, 3) blower motor (under warranty), 4) egr valve cleanout at 70,000 (relatively normal for many cars). Can't say I'm happy about making ANY repairs on a vehicle this new ... but in retrospect ... total repair over 6 years ownership is less than $2500. Yes, I too have experience the oil consumption issue. Using Shell Rotella-T 5W40 oil (1 qt consumed/3000 is ok for me).

Seating is really comfortable for 4 passengers. Extra 2 seats in back row, work out well for moving kids and friends around. Nice stable ride and feels really safe (not easy to roll over).

Motor mounts are under designed. Oil consumption is technically not a flaw, but most are not accustomed to adding between changes creating potential for engine damage.