2005 Chrysler Pacifica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:
I love it so far!
By R. Hollywood Wright on 03/24/10 19:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So far so good I love the interior, the audio system/dvd etc. And who doesn't love all the power options and the heated seats :) this is one classy so called mini van I have that pretty gold with chrome rims 19's I'm just gone hate when I gotta buy tires at almost $200 a piece but oh well, I look good and it looks good when its cleaned up and looking pretty, I have gotten nothing but compliments on it every since I bought it, I don't drive it every day though, it's my Cadillac it stays in the garage and looks pretty until a family outing or I go out to the club or a spacial occasion, I bought it used and it already had 86,000 highway miles. On it so I want to preserve it for road trips, go buy one!

Great Value for Money
By Sean on 03/23/10 19:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2005 touring model last year (2009). Although 4 years old when I got it with 79k on the odometer, bless the previous owner who obviously loved this car. In addition to the luxurious interior, comfort, quiet ride, great styling & road presence, I git it at a great price at $11,000 with 21,000 km left on the warranty. I purchased an additional bumper to bumper warranty for 2 years and never had to use it, thank God, based on some of the horror stories I've read here. The fact that Mercedes Benz had a key role in design and building this beauty is apparent in road handling and styling. Overall, I am very happy with my Pacifica or 'Fica' as my 5 year-old daughter lovingly calls it!

I was wonder what that problem was!
By Shon on 03/13/10 19:11 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car in April of 09, I thought it was beautiful inside and out. It had about 33000 mi on it then and about 43000 now. I didn't have frequent oil changes because the car was constantly eating up oil. I couldn't figure it out, I didn't have any evidence of oil leaks in my driveway. But know that I have read some of the reviews I see that this is a standard problem along with cracks in the tires, the visibility issue with the pillars, and the noise that is heard when the back windows are down (horrible). I love my car, but I think I'm gonna take it easy on it until I can sadly trade it in for something else. I have had many lemon vehicles in the past, so I want out before it gets worse.

Nice car
By Beary Love on 03/11/10 17:02 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought Pacifica in July of 2005 brand new. Fell in love with it right away, needed a large car for the family. We follow the maintenance schedule of the car manual services like oil change every 3000 miles, etc. NEVER had a problem with it yet. Very reliable! NEVER had a problem with oil or anything else. The only thing would like to have different is a better mpg. Otherwise it has been a great car for us from the beginning.

We got a good one
By pianoman on 03/04/10 01:23 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We are very happy with our Pacifica and have owned it almost 5 years (80K) now with never an non-maintenance repair (replaced all rotors and pads from Brake Planet at 60K mi for under $200). Once a window quit working that was left open in the rain, but it repaired itself after a couple days. It cruises at 75-80 mph all day and gets 22-23 mpg, 60 mph gets 25-26 mpg. Town is 20-21 mpg. We have the 3.5L touring. We pull a 2000lb boat with no problems. It has a very sturdy chassis. We have noticed oil consumption, but as I read on here years ago, just check the oil. We change oil every 3000 mi. Wife is happy and never wants another car. Ours is a good one, others on here were not so fortunate.

Was great while it lasted
By Bill on 02/03/10 10:19 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased car originally in Nov 2004. First time we purchased American and was really hoping car would last 8-10 years. Had all the maintenance performed at regular intervals. In Dec 2009 check engine light came on. Apparently a TSB for engine sludge if car is mainly driven in city (as my wife has). Now car bucks and hesitates. We've had it back multiple times and now have given up and purchasing a new one, as this is our people mover and the check engine light will not go off. Overall, the interior of the car was very nice. Seats were comfortable and material quality good, but after we had our third child, the 2/2/2 seating was a problem- although not Chryslers fault. Great while lasted..but

Buy New
By Renee on 01/20/10 12:51 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought a certified used car. It has had more problems then my 2001 Honda, and needed a new battery before the Honda. It is nice to have the seat warmers, DVD for the kids, but not sure the trade-off of having to take it to the dealership at least 2x a year is worth it.

Road Dog
By Pete on 12/18/09 16:26 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So far so good knock on wood based on other reviews own over 14 months no problems to speak of, excellent vehicle for long road trips especially if you dvd pkg.

Force Chrysler to make this car a recall
By talya on 11/14/09 07:33 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When u read everybody's comment about the pacifica. i totally agree that this car has a whole heck of alot of problems from ABA light on & off, motor mounts, hoses coming apart, breaks.Certain things chrysler need to be held accountable for.

Engine Gone
By Bryans Road on 10/21/09 08:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had some many problems with my pacific. It started over heating in June 2009 and now I'm in the process of purchasing a new engine. It stopped on the highway and I had to have it towed to a repair shop. $4500.00 for new engine. With a 72 month loan, I owe $4800.00. Add $4500.00 to it. I'm convinced that Chrysler was aware of the problems and high maintenance. Oh, that's way it's no longer in production. Hum!