2005 Chrysler Pacifica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:
Warning if you purchase
By aheflin on 07/28/14 17:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We fell in love with our Pacifica when we first got and would probably still love it if we did not keep having issues with it. First it was in the shop, free of charge, for most of the first 30 days we had it. The check engine light came kept coming on every 3 days after we bought it. After that we put in a new alternator. Now it needs new tie rods and ball joints. I was told we did not buy a lemon but a bad make/model. I am now trying to decide if we should put more money into it or buy a better make/model. I was told that the next issues could be struts and transmission. Oh, and the electronic seats and passenger air bag are messed up due to a one time change in positions.

Money pit after time
By bshultz22 on 02/10/13 21:15 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Like many of the other reviews I have read, our car was fine for 1st several years - then nothing but problems. Brakes, Tie rods, Sub-frame rusted out, Engine mounts rusted out, Rear axle, Wheel bearings... Stay Away!!! I was interested in the new 300 sedan - but after all these problems, I'm streering clear of Chrysler again. We bought this car used in 2008 and in 2012 it is junk with just 86000 miles.

128,000 miles NO Problems
By ckuhn55 on 11/20/12 09:06 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought in June 2005 in New Jersey, and only major expense has been catalytic converter needed to be replace. Just change my oil every 5,000 otherwise no problems. Driven across the USA from Boston to San Francisco twice. Thats 4 trips at 3000 each way. Gas mileage 23 hw 18 (all wheel drive) city. Note: cracked alum tire rim parking, need to replace full rim, very difficult to find. Car is discontinued, so premium for replacement approx $285. Still searching for better price new or used. Great car

Great car, excellent for touring
By lbsunshine on 01/04/12 20:06 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased our Pacifica in 2006 with 30K miles. It now has 118K. This has been a great car to drive. Our longest trip was from Southern California to Mt Rushmore. It has been super reliable and practically maintenance free. The comfort can't be beat. We change the oil every 3k or so miles and all has been fine. We had the brakes and the oil pan gasket changed. We are a family of three so storage isn't a problem. Our son, though about 5'6" still sits in the third row of seats. My only complaint are the blind spot on the drivers side due to the rear end being so wide and the noise when the back windows are down. Chrysler should put it back into production.

GREAT CAR BAD GAS MILEAGE
By lshobird on 12/12/11 08:01 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car for a big fam.. but beware of very bad gas mileage!!!

2005 chrysler pacifica
By freddie22m on 11/08/11 12:06 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i have a 2005 chrysler pacifica i have had nothing but problems with it well the brakes to start with i have had them changed so many times. now the motor mounts and they said its normal for the car well i have a kia which has more miles on it and it has never had anything wrong with it. my pacifica only has 85,000 miles on it the dealer said it was going to be around 1,000 dollars to fix it which is crazy i would never get another chrysler again i should have listen when people told me that the car was a crapsler.....

MONEY PIT
By deemilli on 10/03/11 19:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. I've had nothing but problems. I've replaced the tire rods, brakes 2 twice, just last week spent $800 dollars on motor mounts, last year replaced the transmission $1500. Guess what, transmission is still acting up, took it back to the dealer and they said they could not find anything wrong with the car. They cleared the codes and the car ran fine until this past weekend. Check light engine is back on and you guessed it?? Transmission Torque convertor and front pump failure. Thank goodness for warrenties!!! otherwise it would be another $1500 if not more. Beware do not purchase this car, it is a MONEY PIT.

My first pacifica was free, the one they gave me the next day was not
By oileater on 08/29/11 23:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a 38k model in 2005. On the 45 min. drive home (I-75 N) the accelorator began to surge & fail. About half way home it became clear that I would have to "CRAWL" the rest of the way in order to avoid an accident. Made it home called carmax. They asked if I could drive it back the next day. I told them I was coming back now (tonight). Got there right before they closed where I was lead to a 7 yr. old "rough" celica loaner. This is surely the ONLY $38,000 7 yr old celica known to ever exist. After a week of the dealer managment insisting that I "honor" the service agreement we had purchased the "DAY BEFORE". The newly promoted Pres. of dealership asked me to pick a equally valued replace

take a pass
By adad on 07/19/11 12:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car gave me so much anxiety because it always had some kind of a problem. My axel broke, burned oil, funny noises when turning, ABS problems,lights always burning out ( I finally kept driving it and it seemed to repair itself (abs problem)) always smelled like it was burning oil, Chrysler cs was horrible I finally went into the dealership in front of customers and voiced my complaint...they finally addressed my problems. I purchased this car as a family car and hated that I was stuck driving my family in this unreliable heap of junk. traded in after 2yrs took a huge loss not to mention repairs and traded in for a Honda Pilot . It feels good to drive a reliable car again.

Don't Believe the Hype!!!
By patronabk on 06/03/11 17:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased a 2005 Pacifica in '07 seeking a car with a sleek exterior design, ample space for three children, durability, and good gas mileage. Unfortunately, the vehicle only met 2 out of 4 of our expectations. Though the first 2 1/2 yrs were trouble free, the remaining 2 have been horrendous! Despite performing regular maintenance, we've had to repair/replace sensors, valves, hoses, batteries, and the entire break system. Right now, the car is in the driveway in need of a new transmission...and it's only 6 years old! I beg you to save yourselves the trouble! Do not purchase this car! You will regret it in the long run. :'0(