Love hate relationship
By assila on
2004 Chrysler Pacifica AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I bought my Pacifica used in January 2012. I had not had any real problems with my Pacifica until January 2013. I ended up having a preemie who was hospitalized an hour away from where I lived. After a late night visit to the hospital my steering wheel locked up on the interstate going 75mph on my way back home. I was able to get the car off to the side of the interstate right before it completely died on me. Got the car towed home, then towed to a mechanic who said it was multiple problems. We put in a new fuse box But still come not get the car running. ($1,500 spent) It seemed to be running then as soon as we drove it home it would die again. Found it to be a lose wire in the door!
Favorite Features
Heated seats, heated mirrors, temperature gauge on the review mirror, key-less entry, radio keys on the steering wheel, electric seats, button with inside that opens the back hatch, the memory settings for the seat and the fact the radio changes when i change the seat setting! Place to tether carseats to. The gas mileage is much nicer then the 99' Chevy tahoe I had before this car.
Suggested Improvements
I wish the keyless entry for the back hatch was not so easy to set off. While trying to get 3 small children into a store my back hatch would some how always end up open! The center console in the middle is the reason I am looking to sell my pacifica. Its not functioning at all! The back of the car seems very short, the top of my 5year olds carseat reachs the roof of the car making it near impossible to see if you have 2 carseats in the back. The blind spots on this car is Horrid! One of the other main reasons Im looking for another car. I cant count how may near wrecks I was in because the blind spots on this car are so bad. I would recommend not putting 2 carseats in the 3rd row seating.