2004 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:
and the problem goes on
By vmanzanares951 on 11/13/14 10:15 AM (PST)

2004 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So I bought my pacifica in May 2014 at a dealership in Temecula, CA saw the carfax car seemed great except it was from Missouri. Well thats should have told me something there but I didn't know. Now I have replaced the front struts 4 times since May replaced the axles twice emissions problems then motor mounts went out ALL 4, This is the disaster part, My Sub-Frame is completely Rusted the rear end can not be aligned until I replace the alignment parts because they are so rusted. Got a flat tire and went to crank my car up with the stock jack and it went right thru the driver side floorboard. I don;t know what to do anymore I paid way over the price for everything sale 6k repairs 4k

Love hate relationship
By assila on 12/29/13 23:27 PM (PST)

2004 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Pacifica used in January 2012. I had not had any real problems with my Pacifica until January 2013. I ended up having a preemie who was hospitalized an hour away from where I lived. After a late night visit to the hospital my steering wheel locked up on the interstate going 75mph on my way back home. I was able to get the car off to the side of the interstate right before it completely died on me. Got the car towed home, then towed to a mechanic who said it was multiple problems. We put in a new fuse box But still come not get the car running. ($1,500 spent) It seemed to be running then as soon as we drove it home it would die again. Found it to be a lose wire in the door!

Nice ride~
By dkrogh on 10/08/12 15:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Pacifica 2004 brand new. It's a beautiful vehicle and the ride is unbelievably comfortable. If you are driving this vehicle and you don't feel its comfortable then maybe you have cheap tires because my vehicle glides along the freeway smoothly. I absolutely love this vehicle. Sure its has some quirks, front end makes a noise when braking and I've read reviews on this and many have the same issue but doesn''t effect proformance at all. Gas mileage sucks but I knew this when I bought it as I read reviews first. It seats 6 but the rear is mainly for children and their is no cargo space with full load so you would need luggage rack. I've had it 8 yrs. 106,000 miles

Would never buy again!
By livingrn on 10/14/11 16:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle used just a couple months ago. Got to admit it's pretty to look at but if you need something comfy to ride in this is not it!!! Unfortunately, I didn't drive it long enough for the test drive otherwise I would have noticed it quicker and moved on. The shifting is not smooth, for being a touring model it sure doesn't feel like it. Gas mileage is horrible, 15mpg in town and less than 20 on the highway. I got rid of it!!!!

dont buy it
By lalacovey on 09/11/11 22:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i saw it drove it fell in love, bought it used, barely drove it and stuff started breaking, left my family stranded, front axle broke n wheels did a spllit... cost over 500 just for part used from junkyard, bushings gone, suspensions gone, heat n ac broke, bottoms out everywhere... replacement 17" tires 125 each, 14.8 miles/gallon, broken eexhaust at flex pipe burns oil.... had 2 years bad break downs... gas gauge suddenly went from 1/2 tank to empty, light came on, couldnt get all the way off the interstate so had too abndon car n walk my 2 year old 11 and 15 yr olds... picked up along way, called n got gas n left, no warning at all..... not worth hassles.... parts even used too much...

Good idea, bad implementation.
By jp384 on 08/24/11 00:14 AM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Not the most comfortable car to drive. Feels like a boat and I'm afraid of hitting everything when I'm in the city. Front suspension seems a bit loose so every time we had to stop quick, the front would take a deep dive and when it went over a driveway that was higher then the road it would bottom out at 12 mph, which might be why the bearing plates broke (something our mechanic told us was common in them). Learning transmission never up shifted when it should have and loved to rev up to the red before it would finally shift. Needs plus gas for power and fuel economy. For a car thats supposed to be a town car and SUV I think Chrysler failed to make a car thats good at being either.

Can last forever...
By rcunning6 on 05/26/11 07:34 AM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I feel very qualified to write a review on the Pacifica in that I've had my 2004 model since April 2003 and have amassed over 277,000 miles on it. I've been fairly consistent with routine maintenance and have had a few more significant repairs, but nothing to indicate that the vehicle can't make it to 300,000 miles. It's been relatively fun to drive, not exciting, but fun. Definitely luxurious and comfortable. Of course, the 3rd row doesn't work well for adults, but the versatility of the car with the fold down seats makes it an excellent choice for a luxury/practical/family car. If you take care of this car, it will take car of you...no regrets.

Glad I bought it
By JLaVigne on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought when 1 year old with 15k miles. Car had some initial warranty work done on it (tie rod end, rear transaxle leak, etc.) Bought extended warranty because of the repairs, but has been solid ever since. Under-powered for sure but a great hwy cruiser. Large, comfortable, well appointed cabin for me (I'm 6'4" 260 so a bit of extra interior room is appreciated.) Wife and kids have plenty of room and plenty of creature comforts. MPG is so-so at 17-18 around town but 23-24 on highway. It is my daily driver and I have been very pleased with it over the last 5.5 years. Given the state of affairs at Chrysler I am not sure I would buy another Chrysler, but this C-Pac has been great.

Our trip
By Edwinna Brubaker on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Hi. Just wanted to let you know that your pacifica rated excellent with us. This past summer my husband and myself took a trip from New Hampshire to Colorado and back. I'm handicapped due to problems with my liver and other health problems so we weren't sure if I could make the trip or not. My husband put both rows of the seats down and made a bed for me when I got tired or was in pain. The pacifica performed well. We had no problems at all with the car and were able to make side trips to see the presidents and I was able to rest anytime I needed to. Thank you again for making a car flexible for us to use. Sincerely Mrs. E. Brubaker

Weak on quality
By T on 09/07/10 13:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The salesman touted the Mercedes Benz connection. Though I don't own a Mercedes, I would not compare the quality of this auto with a Mercedes - far from it. Generally it has a low quality feel. Very low power (even when new) from a 6 cylinder reported to be 250 hp plus really poor mileage (15 mpg). Then add stupid problems that are quality related such as an oil pan made of "soft aluminum" whose drain plug is easily stripped ($700 repair), air conditioner failure, lots of batteries (four so far), heater fan failure, rocker panel made of breakable plastic. In comparison, my Acura tl with equal miles (90k) drives like the day I purchased it and has required no repairs