Used 1996 Chrysler New Yorker Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chrysler New Yorker - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (2 reviews )

Best U.S. Car Ownened
By Ralph W. Dodge

1996 Chrysler New Yorker 4dr Sedan

My New Yorker was the best US car I ever owned. Chrysler Corp. discontinued this model which I believe was a mistake since they worked out all the bugs. Other than turn-ups, the A/C and car radio I started having major repairs only in these last four years. Bad roads were taken in stride; mileage 23/33 using cruse control; plenty of room front and back, and truck. First major repair: engine mounts. Electrical problem: none until now - water leakage to cable connection. Engine would not start - mech. bypassed connection. Now engine idles rough due to leaking "brake power booster".

Great mileage for manufacture year. Quiet ride and very comfortable. Plenty of room. All round visibility good. Acceleration good.

Preventive measures for leaves and debris from entering A/C intake vents. Better radio: replaced within 1 yr. went bad after 2 yrs. no longer under warranty. Improve sealed electric cable connections. Improve motor mounts.

I loved my New Yorker
By 1995 Chrysler

1996 Chrysler New Yorker 4dr Sedan

My 1995 New yorker LH is the best car I ever owned. It handled superbly and it's economy was astounding. I'd get 30 miles per gallon at 55 miles per hour. I learned to drive economically by paying attention to the computer which told me the mileage I was getting as I drove. I bought it when it had 200000 miles on it. I never had to add oil if I changed every 5000 miles. It was the most comfortable car I ever owned. I loved it's climate control

I liked everything about the car especially it's ride econoomy and appearance.

I can't think of any improvements