Used 1995 Chrysler New Yorker Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chrysler New Yorker - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (12 reviews )

NewYorker state of mind...get it!
By AllanNorthBflo

1995 Chrysler New Yorker 4dr Sedan

The New Yorker is a pleasure to own and drive. My lovely white New Yorker has proven itself to be a real value. Excellent body and chassis integrity as well as fit and finish. Reliable, powerful and economical 3.5L engine is bulletproof. The seats are some of the most comfortable I've ever sat in. Frankly, at 14 years old, only one item now fails to function: the A/C compressor. This is my daily driver and the second Chrysler LH sedan I've owned (previously a 95 Concorde..also superb). With its robust engine, tight steering and larger 16" tires (Kelly Charger) it handles the highway beautifully. The styling is timeless and tasteful. I love my New Yorker and am proud to drive it everywhere.

Full power equipment is standard! An amazingly comfortable interior roomy enough for five full sized adults and tough enough for kids. Powerful and efficient drivetrain. Wonderful styling. Excellent finish..original paint shines after 14 Buffalo winters! Large roomy trunk.

Better Wheelcover retention design..they tend to loosen easily. Perhaps front bucket seats as opposed to the split bench..just for a little more storage for larger items like CD's, cell phones, sunglasses, etc..That's it..it's pretty much great as it is!

This car is not for you
By carfan42

1995 Chrysler New Yorker 4dr Sedan

This car from day one took me through the ringer. The day after a purchased it used from the car lot with 120,000 plus miles on it I hoped I would have good luck. But I soon discovered that that climate control would not shut off, it blew A/C cold but only thru the windshield defrost vents and trying to switch the blowing patened resulted from crazy sounding noise coming from the A/C unit. Next the windshild wipers only worked on high and you had to catch them while in the down position and quickly flip the switch to get them to stay there. The gas mileage stinks and the tape deck did not play at all. Lastly precisely after 2 weeks of owning it the transmission went dead. Shame on Chrysler!

The horn

It's not made anymore but I wish it was made with a better a/c system, better transmission, and better audio system.

Terrible
By Not Very Good

1995 Chrysler New Yorker 4dr Sedan

I've replaced the engine, timing belt, water pump, tensioner, inner tie rods, radiator and thermostat. The a/c compressor is seized, 2 dummy lights are on and can't be reset, fuel sending unit doesn't work. What is to like? A person would think by now I've fixed all the problems and should have no more to worry about. However I believe this isn't the case. I would recommend this car to absolutely no one. Absolutely terrible.

Smooth ride, lots of trunk space.

WAY too many to list

Not a good car
By Mario

1995 Chrysler New Yorker 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in mint condition with only 72,000 miles on it. This car did not last even 30 days before the transmission went. I would never recommend this car to anyone and I will never purchase a Chrysler again. This was one of the worst decisions I've ever made.

has a roomy interior and smooth ride.

This car needs a lot of improvement starting off with building a better transmission.

best vehicle to own and drive
By goldreyer

1995 Chrysler New Yorker 4dr Sedan

i bought my with 37,000 miles. never had a problem yet. it'll last me about 8 more years.

speed control.