1994 Chrysler New Yorker Consumer Review: I Love My New-to-me New Yorker

1994 Chrysler New Yorker - Consumer Review

I Love My New-to-me New Yorker
By arune on

1994 Chrysler New Yorker 4dr Sedan

I spend a lot of time in my vehicles and want comfort for long days. The NYer has the most comfortable drivers seat ever! While I love and have mostly driving European cars, I am a bit old for getting in and out of MGBs, Fiats and Alfas. The bouncing is not a joy and performance is not - at my age - all that important (but this car has a lot). i bought this car with 240,000 km on the clock, which sounds like a lot but averages out to less than 10K be year. Well maintained, the few minor blemishes were easy to fix - a broken power antenna, replacing the broken front marker lights, and such. Aluminum rims for $60 ea.

Gosh! Where to start. The external looks, the European style cab, a wonderful heater, good get up and go, comfort for all on board, and at a purchase pirce of $1200, no payments and cheap insurance. The computer is nice to have - especially with the km left in the tank ( 250+ km one way with no service stations!). Smoothest ride ever, and a huge trunk. Nice stereo. Did I mention the comfort?

The only think I miss is some storage inside the cabin. Yes, one can use the trunk, but in northern Canada one carries a lot of safety and emergency stuff and in the worst case scenerio, the trunk is not where you want that to be. I am tiniting the windows to protect the stuff now stashed on the back floor. All that room and no storage save the glove compartment and door pockets. Road noise is a bit higher than anticipated. But hey! Those are minor!