Used 1994 Chrysler New Yorker Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chrysler New Yorker Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (8 reviews )

I Love My New-to-me New Yorker
By arune

1994 Chrysler New Yorker Sedan 4dr Sedan

I spend a lot of time in my vehicles and want comfort for long days. The NYer has the most comfortable drivers seat ever! While I love and have mostly driving European cars, I am a bit old for getting in and out of MGBs, Fiats and Alfas. The bouncing is not a joy and performance is not - at my age - all that important (but this car has a lot). i bought this car with 240,000 km on the clock, which sounds like a lot but averages out to less than 10K be year. Well maintained, the few minor blemishes were easy to fix - a broken power antenna, replacing the broken front marker lights, and such. Aluminum rims for $60 ea.

Gosh! Where to start. The external looks, the European style cab, a wonderful heater, good get up and go, comfort for all on board, and at a purchase pirce of $1200, no payments and cheap insurance. The computer is nice to have - especially with the km left in the tank ( 250+ km one way with no service stations!). Smoothest ride ever, and a huge trunk. Nice stereo. Did I mention the comfort?

The only think I miss is some storage inside the cabin. Yes, one can use the trunk, but in northern Canada one carries a lot of safety and emergency stuff and in the worst case scenerio, the trunk is not where you want that to be. I am tiniting the windows to protect the stuff now stashed on the back floor. All that room and no storage save the glove compartment and door pockets. Road noise is a bit higher than anticipated. But hey! Those are minor!

What a pile of
By Can I getsum quality

1994 Chrysler New Yorker Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car used witho about 54000 miles on it. It was roomy comfortable and stylish with nice power and a smooth ride. None of that matters compared to the engine and transmission troubles I had. I Had to have the engine replaced twice and the transmission wouldnt shift out of 2nd most of the time after 80,000 miles. I would often. smell burning something or other from time to time. The car died two years befor I finished paying for it. I will never purchase another chrysler. The service department at the dealership lied to me about it not having any oil when the engine went but thats the first thing I checked when it did. Plus if it had an oil leak that was their responsibility.

Power Roominess and Ride

Needs infinite increase in reliability as well as higher qualit parts on interior and trust worth service departments. ( in other words my next luxury car will be a Lexus)

Very happy overall
By mommy3kids

1994 Chrysler New Yorker Sedan 4dr Sedan

This has been a great family car. Very comfortable for long trips, trunk holds a huge amount of cargo. My only complaint with this car probably doesn't relate to the car. It seems very difficult to diagnose when something goes wrong. A/C was repaired multiple times by 2 dealers and 1 private before it was fixed. Only major repair was timing belt, all else standard repairs.

The leather seats are so comfy and my large dog never even scratched it, it was so durable.

cup holders were terribly designed and have been broken forever.

One thing after another
By Zuperd66

1994 Chrysler New Yorker Sedan 4dr Sedan

It was used when I bought it. What a mistake... So far over the last 2 years I've spent 2k on repairs. The overall mechanical aspect of this car is so bad that unless you are a mechanic you should marry one prior to the purhcase. Currently 700.00 of rack-pinion work is forecast. This does not include tie- rods and ball joints. The transmission is next...2800.00...I keep thinking that with the next repair I'll be done. This car is rated POOR with most auto sources.

Looks really good, interior is great. Very comfortable, very roomy. Very little exterior noise. Very nice stereo system.

They dropped this specific design-line probably because it was a mechanical nightmare. That was the best improvement for Chrysler.

Ten Years
By NY moses

1994 Chrysler New Yorker Sedan 4dr Sedan

Purchased new, now 176,000 miles and I still love the car. Bought 100k extended warranty, Used for seized up water pump at 78,000, transmission at 97,000. Also had problems with a/c. No major problems in last several years. I can't find a new car for $40,000 that would offer more car than this one and make me feel I got my money's worth.

Big room, comfortable front seat, plenty of power. Style that doesn't look dated even after 10 years.

improve latch release on glove box - weak, brighten headlights - weak,