1994 Chrysler New Yorker - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (8 reviews )
I Love My New-to-me New Yorker
By arune on 03/03/11 12:39 PM (PST)

1994 Chrysler New Yorker 4dr Sedan

I spend a lot of time in my vehicles and want comfort for long days. The NYer has the most comfortable drivers seat ever! While I love and have mostly driving European cars, I am a bit old for getting in and out of MGBs, Fiats and Alfas. The bouncing is not a joy and performance is not - at my age - all that important (but this car has a lot). i bought this car with 240,000 km on the clock, which sounds like a lot but averages out to less than 10K be year. Well maintained, the few minor blemishes were easy to fix - a broken power antenna, replacing the broken front marker lights, and such. Aluminum rims for $60 ea.

What a pile of
By Can I getsum quality on 01/02/10 11:21 AM (PST)

1994 Chrysler New Yorker 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car used witho about 54000 miles on it. It was roomy comfortable and stylish with nice power and a smooth ride. None of that matters compared to the engine and transmission troubles I had. I Had to have the engine replaced twice and the transmission wouldnt shift out of 2nd most of the time after 80,000 miles. I would often. smell burning something or other from time to time. The car died two years befor I finished paying for it. I will never purchase another chrysler. The service department at the dealership lied to me about it not having any oil when the engine went but thats the first thing I checked when it did. Plus if it had an oil leak that was their responsibility.

Very happy overall
By mommy3kids on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chrysler New Yorker 4dr Sedan

This has been a great family car. Very comfortable for long trips, trunk holds a huge amount of cargo. My only complaint with this car probably doesn't relate to the car. It seems very difficult to diagnose when something goes wrong. A/C was repaired multiple times by 2 dealers and 1 private before it was fixed. Only major repair was timing belt, all else standard repairs.

One thing after another
By Zuperd66 on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chrysler New Yorker 4dr Sedan

It was used when I bought it. What a mistake... So far over the last 2 years I've spent 2k on repairs. The overall mechanical aspect of this car is so bad that unless you are a mechanic you should marry one prior to the purhcase. Currently 700.00 of rack-pinion work is forecast. This does not include tie- rods and ball joints. The transmission is next...2800.00...I keep thinking that with the next repair I'll be done. This car is rated POOR with most auto sources.

Ten Years
By NY moses on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler New Yorker 4dr Sedan

Purchased new, now 176,000 miles and I still love the car. Bought 100k extended warranty, Used for seized up water pump at 78,000, transmission at 97,000. Also had problems with a/c. No major problems in last several years. I can't find a new car for $40,000 that would offer more car than this one and make me feel I got my money's worth.

1994 New Yorker (found myself a lemon)
By rpower on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler New Yorker 4dr Sedan

Very nice car to drive. However, I believe that I found a number of problems with the car over the past 2.5 years since purchasing used with low milage. Chrome strips on the sides fell off (minor problem) a couple of times, and took away from the overall look of the car. Frequent problems with ball joints, wheel bearings, sway bars, and tie rods. In the past 2 years, all of these front end parts have been replaced once, some twice, causing much annoyance and costing a great deal. The sad part is, the vast majority of my driving is on the highway. I am told that sway bars and ball joints are problems common to all Chryslers

Joe's car
By Nonnie Evarian on 05/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler New Yorker 4dr Sedan

My New Yorker has been a good performer both around town and for long trips on the interstates. My passenger needed rest and the adjustable seat was a godsend. The timer belt went out around the 60K level. Two side chrome strips have fallen off, but unless you knew they were there, its not noticeable.

1994 NEW YORKER / PERSONAL REVIEW
By BEBOONE on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler New Yorker 4dr Sedan

I really like my New Yorker. It's quick, handles nicely, large enough for five adults and has a trunk like a cavern. But for the trunk area, it cuts a sleek profile. Weak points: That big trunk makes it hard to see when in "Reverse", the vehicle has above-average road noise and the headlights are mostinadequate. I won't trade it until the wheels fall off, though.