1993 Chrysler New Yorker Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Yorker model:
Fix rear sag. Delay auto tran. replace.
By Robert McCluskey on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chrysler New Yorker Sedan Salon 4dr Sedan

2007 bought '93 NY Salon like new/32K. Bolt-in rear springs from '86 Cougar for $20. sits and rides nice & can carry tools in trunk, passengers, and trailer. Around 51K AT often failed to shift. Manual calls limp mode; locks in 2nd. Switch ign. off/on while driving resets to normal mode, drives fine; seems like electronic problem. Now, limp mode AT delayed engagement from stop; seems like pressure problem. Dealer should know w/o $125. diagnostic; junkyard is full of these cars w/o phys. damage. $8.38 BARS LEAKS AT REPAIR has no effect. $5.27 Trans-X at Wal-Mart fixes both problems for app. a week of driving;? Drill 3/16" hole in rear of AT pan & plug with sheet metal screw to avoid overfill

Nice ride for the money!!
By sdv on 02/05/09 13:22 PM (PST)

1993 Chrysler New Yorker Sedan Fifth Avenue 4dr Sedan

We bought this for our son. The car seems real nice so far. It handles well now that we changed the rear air shocks. The thing that you need to know about this car is that it has an electronic control transmission. My mechanic told me to make sure that you come to a complete stop at stop signs. I am happy to have an old mopar friend that gives us these little ideas on how to treat an older car. We have the 3.3 V6 and it is plenty of power for the car. The interior is very plush and and has never been smoked in. The exterior is really clean for the age. Our son should have a good car for sometime as long as he does his maintenance on it. So far so good.

Great ride ate me alive
By A. Rescigno on 02/21/08 22:19 PM (PST)

1993 Chrysler New Yorker Sedan Fifth Avenue 4dr Sedan

Many minor electrical problems. Window cable break, motor fine, dealer would only replace not repair elec. window.$600. AC problems over $600.00 to repair. Transmission replaced at $2800.00, was initially a modulator prob. with the electronic trans. Dealer lied and replaced with a reman. tranny. Doors on headlamps quit working. Could not get the original alarm system door opener clacker. Dealer no longer provides the replacement clacker for the factory installed alarm system. Had to bypass with a new system $800.00. After all the money I put in, it has been a great ride. Oh yea, replaced electronic rear shocks. Inside door mouldings replaced and fell back out after one week of replacement.

Comfortable but bad mechanically
By ausceo on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chrysler New Yorker Sedan Fifth Avenue 4dr Sedan

I have owned my New Yorker for a little over 3 years. The seats are VERY comfortable and the ride is decent. However, the fake wood panels on the door fall off easily and I have put well over $1000 into this car because things keep breaking. The windshield wipers and speedometer have broken and it needed a new transmission computer. The air compressor for the automatic load leveling also broke and costs $1500. Also, my cruise control doesn't work and most recently the bracket holding the spring on the left rear wheel broke, making my car drag against the ground. It will cost another $500 to fix, and I don't want to put any more money into this car.

fith ave
By xsuber on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chrysler New Yorker Sedan Fifth Avenue 4dr Sedan

only had it for 2 weeks, love it rides hard not soft.

VERY COMFORTABLE!!!
By nfd on 08/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chrysler New Yorker Sedan Fifth Avenue 4dr Sedan

Car has been very reliable- good product. Paint peels, but other than that I have been very pleased

Great car for low price
By JulieBoBulie on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chrysler New Yorker Sedan Salon 4dr Sedan

Has been a good car for two adults and two babies, but now that they are toddlers, we need more room in the backseat. Very reliable car, have only had to take to the shop twice in four years. Once for alternator and once for some electical problem. Both quite costly. The fake wood decor panels on the inside of the doors came off the day we bought it and no glue I could find will hold them in place. The other con is that this car rides VERY low to the ground. It has 150k on it but still runs very well. I have had it serviced every 3000 miles. The paint job has held nicely. A good car for one two people, but not really a family car.