1992 Chrysler New Yorker Consumer Review: It's a keeper!

1992 Chrysler New Yorker - Consumer Review

Fifth Avenue Sedan (3.3L V6 4-speed Automatic)

It's a keeper!
By Danny on

1992 Chrysler New Yorker Fifth Avenue 4dr Sedan

I've bought this vehicle at ebay almost 5 years ago. I had to replace some parts this past December(most were the original parts that came with the car when new), and now it runs better than ever (my car just hit the 170K mile mark last week). This is the third "New Yorker" my family ever had. My mom had an '89 Landau version (she bought it used at 95K miles and then lost it in an accident 4 years later at 135K miles). I had a 1990 New Yorker (which I bought with 119K miles on it),which I then gave it to my mom when I bought my present car, which then my nephew wrecked it 2 years later (it already had 140K miles when it happened). All these cars were virtually trouble free.

Love the very comfortable plush velvet seats. Plenty of leg-room in the rear. Roomy trunk (I can put my brother's wheelchair with other stuff and close the trunk). Cup holders and storage bins. Smooth highway cruser (went to Florida and back, last year),getting decent gas milege for a car this old.

Wish the windows and lock controls on the doors were better positioned (keep hitting the wrong buttons from time to time).