Used 1992 Chrysler New Yorker Fifth Avenue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific New Yorker model:

Should I trade it in?
By josie379

1992 Chrysler New Yorker Fifth Avenue 4dr Sedan

My car has just over 100K miles, the tranny was rebuilt last year along with a new rack and pinion. I have owned this car since 2005 and am the second owner. I have been told by my mechanic that he thinks the timing chain is ready to go, he hears a rattle deep in the motor but the car runs great..I have already put in several thousand dollars to keep this car on the road, I love it. I want to fix it again but wondering when do I give up and get rid of it?

Favorite Features

The ride, great in snow, comfortable

1992 Chrysler Newyorker 5th Ave.
By XCNW

1992 Chrysler New Yorker Fifth Avenue 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. Rides like a Cadillac. The fuel economy is so so. But a very comfortable and reliable car. Its 3.3 L V6 engine runs ever so smoothly. My car has almost 200k miles on it, thanks to a reconstructed transmission. yet the car still idels smooth, and takes off smoothly. A great, reliable vehicle!

Favorite Features

It's very comfortable interior. Very big space for all passengers.

For the love of Luxury
By Hawk

1992 Chrysler New Yorker Fifth Avenue 4dr Sedan

I have always owned Luxury cars. Lincolns Caddys and now my first Fifth Ave. now that I have owned all types i would rank the Fifth Ave 2nd Lincoln First Caddy`s very last I have never been happy with the Caddy from there ride to there comfort. Lincoln on the other hand is the Best. But I do take my hat off to their Fifth Ave as it has been a joy to drive comfort and everything I would expect for a car of it`s class. Truly I am happy with it and would recommend anybody to dive i`m 36 yrs old and will never go sport because I was raised on Luxury

Favorite Features

The seat you just sink into them and they rap around you like a big hug

Suggested Improvements

the power windows controls are to far away from the driver you have to reach for them

It's a keeper!
By Danny

1992 Chrysler New Yorker Fifth Avenue 4dr Sedan

I've bought this vehicle at ebay almost 5 years ago. I had to replace some parts this past December(most were the original parts that came with the car when new), and now it runs better than ever (my car just hit the 170K mile mark last week). This is the third "New Yorker" my family ever had. My mom had an '89 Landau version (she bought it used at 95K miles and then lost it in an accident 4 years later at 135K miles). I had a 1990 New Yorker (which I bought with 119K miles on it),which I then gave it to my mom when I bought my present car, which then my nephew wrecked it 2 years later (it already had 140K miles when it happened). All these cars were virtually trouble free.

Favorite Features

Love the very comfortable plush velvet seats. Plenty of leg-room in the rear. Roomy trunk (I can put my brother's wheelchair with other stuff and close the trunk). Cup holders and storage bins. Smooth highway cruser (went to Florida and back, last year),getting decent gas milege for a car this old.

Suggested Improvements

Wish the windows and lock controls on the doors were better positioned (keep hitting the wrong buttons from time to time).

beyond my expectations
By iambrisk

1992 Chrysler New Yorker Fifth Avenue 4dr Sedan

bought this car knowing it needed a transmission, put a remanufactured 3 year warranty one in and have had no problems at all with it. I get over 20 mph and other than oil changes and one A/C recharge I have put no money into it. People see it and think it is only 3-4 years old. They can't believe it is 10 years plus old.

Favorite Features

Plenty of leg room front and back and very large trunk too. It has a large car ride and tight steering.