Used 1992 Chrysler New Yorker Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific New Yorker model:

Should I trade it in?
By josie379

1992 Chrysler New Yorker Fifth Avenue 4dr Sedan

My car has just over 100K miles, the tranny was rebuilt last year along with a new rack and pinion. I have owned this car since 2005 and am the second owner. I have been told by my mechanic that he thinks the timing chain is ready to go, he hears a rattle deep in the motor but the car runs great..I have already put in several thousand dollars to keep this car on the road, I love it. I want to fix it again but wondering when do I give up and get rid of it?

Favorite Features

The ride, great in snow, comfortable

Best car so far
By brandon crawford

1992 Chrysler New Yorker Salon 4dr Sedan

Well first off I bought the car with 292k for $400. The transmission was replaced b4 io bought it at around 217k. So I took it on a few 600 mile trips got great mpg around 26 spent very little on it over the 2 yrs. Now it has 303k and finally something major broke a connecting rod went through the oil pan. The funny thing is that there wasn't a warning the engine ran so smooth when it happened so I figured that the metal finally fatigued out. The ride was like floating on clouds. Like I said best car I've owned so I'm thinking about buying another motor to keep it the rest alive. Another word I've seen others that were 4sale with 239k or more so there's plenty of life left in these cars.

Favorite Features

ride quality , limo affect on inside, just about power everything liked the child safety and the auto lock at 20 mph

Suggested Improvements

not much to say here wish it was a fifth ave.

1992 Chrysler Newyorker 5th Ave.
By XCNW

1992 Chrysler New Yorker Fifth Avenue 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. Rides like a Cadillac. The fuel economy is so so. But a very comfortable and reliable car. Its 3.3 L V6 engine runs ever so smoothly. My car has almost 200k miles on it, thanks to a reconstructed transmission. yet the car still idels smooth, and takes off smoothly. A great, reliable vehicle!

Favorite Features

It's very comfortable interior. Very big space for all passengers.

Great highway car
By JEFFERY SMITH

1992 Chrysler New Yorker Salon 4dr Sedan

Our New Yorker Salon is a great highway car. We've made two trips to Florida this year (over 2,000 miles round trip) with no problems whatsoever. Using cruise control and averaging 64 mph we've averaged 26 to 27 miles per gallon. Not bad for Lee Iaccoca era technology!

Favorite Features

Hideaway headlamps. Button- tufted velor seats. No vinyl top! Distinctive styling. All new cars look the same!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing.

For the love of Luxury
By Hawk

1992 Chrysler New Yorker Fifth Avenue 4dr Sedan

I have always owned Luxury cars. Lincolns Caddys and now my first Fifth Ave. now that I have owned all types i would rank the Fifth Ave 2nd Lincoln First Caddy`s very last I have never been happy with the Caddy from there ride to there comfort. Lincoln on the other hand is the Best. But I do take my hat off to their Fifth Ave as it has been a joy to drive comfort and everything I would expect for a car of it`s class. Truly I am happy with it and would recommend anybody to dive i`m 36 yrs old and will never go sport because I was raised on Luxury

Favorite Features

The seat you just sink into them and they rap around you like a big hug

Suggested Improvements

the power windows controls are to far away from the driver you have to reach for them