1990 Chrysler New Yorker - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Yorker model:
why buy a caddy?
By DALE MCCARTNEY on 12/07/06 11:55 AM (PST)

1990 Chrysler New Yorker Landau 4dr Sedan

no major problems with this car at 98,560 miles, other than replacement of 16 year old gaskets and other normal maintenance. great value for the money with all the buttons minus leather seats. very satisfied with my car.

cabin cruiser
By theMainMopar on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chrysler New Yorker Landau 4dr Sedan

over 180,000 miles, no mechanical problems yet. Still floats around the city and drives better than my corolla. I have to look at my speedometer constantly because when i'm going 95, it feels like i'm going slow.

better than my new one
By bob rice on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chrysler New Yorker Fifth Avenue 4dr Sedan

I love this car

Comfortable. Reliable. Safe. Big.
By NYer landau fan on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chrysler New Yorker Landau 4dr Sedan

We have owned this car since we bought it new from the dealer. It has seen two kids through high school and college and is still kicking. We've had only small repair problems along the way. Since the warranty was up, it's been a dream! Sure, it's now ugly and old and has the turning radius of an 18 wheeler, but it's reliable. Unfortunately, someone just hit it - insurance co. said it's totaled. You should see the other car, though. The New Yorker won big time. If you can find one still around, I think the car would be worthwhile for a few years to come.

best car
By Sierra on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chrysler New Yorker Landau 4dr Sedan

this car is reliable. It corners like a boat is not highly rated in performance catagory. Engine has all the gusto you need, and is responsive and fine running. very smooth. the int. is comfy and it has everything you need. The trunk release in the glove box! now whos idea was that? gas mileage is good 26 hwy

MYCNY
By MYCNY on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chrysler New Yorker Salon 4dr Sedan

Very Comfortable. Easy to drive. Interior is nice but could have been better designed, but back in 1990 I'm sure it was top of the line.

Problems Driving off Lot
By Paul5924 on 08/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chrysler New Yorker Landau 4dr Sedan

This car is comfortable, has all the amenities needed for a Sunday Drive. Air conditioning and alternater died as I drove off the lot, luckly, the dealer replaced both these items at no cost because my back tires still on his curb! Everything else works great, everything in tact. It is a sporty kind of car with the hidden head lamps, kinda fun to drive. Passengers in rear seats say the ride is smooth and comfy.

Satisfied Owner
By RobInPA on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chrysler New Yorker Salon 4dr Sedan

Purchased the car used in 1996 from a dealer - no warranty offered. No waranty wasn't a problem, I had no problems other than normal wear and tear since. The most significant problems I had was needing a new fuel and water pump, and that was pretty recent. Bottom edge of rear trunk lid is rusting, seems to be a problem with many of this model I see on the road. The interior has held up well with the exception of the faux wood door trim which popped off all four doors. Overall I have no regrets and would purchase another.

Buyer beware
By bluegem on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chrysler New Yorker Landau 4dr Sedan

This car has a lot of problems. We have had to fix a lot of things with it. It cost a lot to repair things on this car. It does not get good gas mileage. We are lucky to get about 20 mph hwy driving. We have had it 7 months and have put over $1,000 into it. If you buy this car, expect to put a lot of money in to it. I am finding others that own one like this and they also have had to put a lot of money into their car.