2001 Chrysler LHS - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )
This is luxury
By Marx on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle used just about 3 months ago with over 116,000 miles on it. Drives great, runs like a cheetah, could accelerate from 0 to 60 miles per hr in just a few seconds. The music and speakers are perfect, the 4 cd exchanger is very convenience. The all electronic chairs, doors, steering wheel music control system button is so awesome. Large spaced trunk.

150000 miles on original battery
By TW on 09/26/09 14:28 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Best car I have owned. I have driven this thing 150,000 miles and it has only had 2 malfunctions. Shift Cable broke which I discovered was a design flaw in the cable. Also had to replace the Control Module. Still have the original battery though. Love to drive this car on the highway. I hugs the curves and holds speed through the mountain roads. I can't find a car that gives this styling, features and ride.

215000 and still going strong
By Deb on 05/29/09 05:41 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best car I've ever owned.

Great car
By Doug on 09/11/07 14:28 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy the comfort and ride of the LHS - Luxury Highend Sedan. Even though I live in California and thought I would never use them, but the heated seats are a great feature during the winter. Nice looking car

Good car to own
By White LHS owner on 08/09/07 10:14 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2001 LHS for slightly over a year now. Bought it with less than 25,000 miles; now has close to 40,000. It has been a very reliable car. My wife and I appreciate the heated seats in the winter. Much quicker car than I would have expected. My only complaint is that there is little leg room in the front; however I am 6'7", so that is not a common concern for most people. My wife (who is a 'normal' height) is very comfortable. As mentioned in other reviews, interior noise is more than I would like, but it is not overwhelming. All in all, a very nice, comfortable, reliable car for a cheap (used) price. I would suggest finding a low mileage, well taken care of car.

The best car I ever owned
By Chris S. on 07/19/07 04:22 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I travel a lot in this car and it's just reliable. Now with more than 100k miles, just keeps going and doesn't require a lot of maintenance. Very comfortble and solid performance!

Chrysler LHS - Wish they still made them
By softcoal on 01/29/07 12:39 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car new 6 years ago - have taken numerous trips in it, including a 6 week vacation with enough clothes for the whole trip - never a major problem - great comfort - lots of room in car and trunk. Chrysler luxury cars have all the features of the more expensive luxury cars at a lot smaller price. This is our fifth one, but now we are in a quandary because the 300 series is so ugly - If you find a used LHS to buy, get it!

Best car ever owned
By Golferbill on 11/09/05 19:32 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Had two Cadillacs before this car. Fell in love with LHS design when it first came out. Waited two years and monitored owner bulletin boards until all bugs and complaints seemed to have been worked out.

My LHS
By Charles on 10/09/05 11:09 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This auto has been an overall joy. My only critical comment is that the MPG could be better (~22-24 HWY) for a 6 cyl. I've had it now for almost 5 years and all components have worked well. I had expected the interior to be a bit quieter on the Highway given that this is a lux sedan - but folks share that when I change the ORM tires out (about another 30K miles) that will change. No wind noise to speak of which was a big improvement over the last auto. Even today it still is a sharp looking auto - haven't seen anything else that zings me to trade it in. Engine is smooth and has enought spark to make it out of tight spots with little if any delay. Sound is really good with the BOSE system.

Great Car!
By Marye on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is true luxury! I really love the spacious interior and the spacious cargo area. The ride is very comfortable with little outside noise. The audio controls on the steering wheel makes for easy control of music. My only complaint is that visibility at the back is limited by the high seatbacks and humped trunk. An excellent investment, however, and luxury at a relatively low cost.