2000 Chrysler LHS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (47 reviews )
Have Always Loved This Car
By kbest on 03/02/12 17:57 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is our second LHS. We bought it 7 years ago as the second owner with 64k miles on it. We've loved it ever since. We've only ever done routine maintenance until we hit 215k when we had a noise from the differential. We had the tranny and differential rebuilt (it's one unit) and she's been running strong to this day. She's at 226k and showing no signs of giving up. Our friends always want to take our car because it's so comfortable. She always has plenty of power and is fun to drive. We average 24 to 25 mpg between in town and highway which isn't bad for such a large car! Very sad they don't still make them!

AWESOME!!!!!!
By Scott on 01/09/10 15:19 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have had this car now for 6 years and still going strong at 255,000 MILES. Other than routine maintenance I have never had much trouble with it. After 3 deer and a chevy pickup and 255,000 miles still going strong!! I am looking for another one with lower miles prefer another silver one but would consider other than gold.

I wish they still made them today!
By HeyBlu on 12/18/09 12:16 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with nearly 58K miles. I now have 147K and have had no major issues. Replaced AC compressor twice, and starter once. The suspension is about due for repair, struts, etc...

Great Car
By LHS on 08/30/09 01:32 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought it used in 2001. It has been a great car. The only thing besides routine maintenance was a driver’s side power window motor. Bought a new motor from NAPA for 65.00 and spent 45 min changing it. I have never gotten less than 22mpg and as high as 30mpg across New York. Highway average 28 and in town 23. It has almost 110,000mi and runs and looks like new. I got 50,000 out of the first 2 sets tires. I have not been back to the selling dealer for anything since I bought the car. It has been a much better car than either of my Honda accords were.

Love my LHS
By Kay on 07/01/09 12:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

My Chrysler has been such a reliable vehicle and the design is great. Even though it is now 9 years old, it does not look or feel like a dated car. It is the most comfortable ride - for driver and for passengers.

Sad to say good-bye
By H Mac on 05/28/09 08:34 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've driven my LHS for 8 years. At a 131,000 miles it doesn't owe me a thing. I have loved this car and enjoyed the driving experience every time I've gotten behind the wheel. The car handles like a dream in all kinds of weather and is a comfortable ride. We had some door lock issues and repairs you would expect after 131k miles but otherwise no repair issues. I could probably drive it another 50k miles but the deals on the '09 300C are just too good to pass up. I'll be saying good-bye to my LHS tomorrow when I turn it in for my new 300 hemi. The 300 is a great looking car but I must say the interior on my LHS offers more. I'm hoping I will enjoy this new car as much as I have the LHS.

Reliable
By Marie on 02/19/09 17:49 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought the car brand new. It now has 92,000 miles on it. Had to get the first set of tires replaced because of uneven wear. Have always had problems with the car bottoming out unless I keep 40 lbs of pressure in the tires. The car engine is a bit loud, but I have never had any engine problems. It has been a reliable car. Gets 20 miles per gal.

I love this car
By steve on 01/23/09 14:20 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in 2003 with 48 K miles, it just turned 81K miles on 1/23/09. I have the gold color, and it looks as new as the day it was painted on the car. No problems at all, I plan on getting a new 300 C next year and keeping this one as well.

5 Years, 126K, Great Engine! Bad Trim!
By The Diamond on 08/28/08 13:13 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

Purchased in 2003 with 28K miles, owned 5 years and 126K miles. I love the reliability and power of the engine (now at 154K). Mechanically, it performs like new and passes almost everyone on the road. However, trim components fly off the car as I go by. I expect to drive it for at least 2 more years. To avoid a new car purchase, I recently detailed the interior and ordered $400 worth of replacement trim, including the hood molding and a pair of speakers to replace the blown front right woofer. The large black hood molding seems to be a universal problem. I also paid for some significant AC repairs around 120K. Overall, I have really gotten my money's worth and love driving my LHS.

review
By pimp J on 08/14/08 20:24 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is an absolutely amazing vehicle! I bought this car used and have put 30,000 miles on it since then and have had no problems whatsoever. This car now has 118,000 miles on it and runs absolutely perfect ad looks just the same.The paint wheels and interior are immaculate and looks just like new, and the women love it. If you are looking for an affordable, quick, flashy, and comfortable car I would definitely go with the LHS, you will not be disappointed.

1 2 3 4 5 next »