1999 Chrysler LHS Consumer Reviews 3

1999 Chrysler LHS - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (51 reviews )
Love the car hate the problems
By Renegade305 on 03/28/06 09:09 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

I brought the car used and fell in love with the car immediately. Since I brought the car i have changed the starter, the radiator, and the fans. One of my back seat windows won't come down and i still love the car. When the car is running correctly it's great!

Big White Boat
By bjrogo on 02/25/06 16:24 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

This car was inherited w/47K on odometer from my mother. She drove about 11K yearly in MI . Garaged and Maintained. It was a bit too much for our family re: size but comfort and no debt overruled an immediate sale. LHS mainly used as long-distance commuter. Major costs were A/C condenser replacement, a few trim items that were costly, and 2 window motors going out. Again, comfort, decent mpg ~26 Hwy, and style won over. During the two years we have own it has been driven ~60K, Upon reflection, the car would have rec'd a higher rating if expenses mentioned above has already occurred. Not my mothers fault!

LHS
By Linda on 07/30/05 16:30 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

This is by far the best car I have owned....luxury, style and comfort at its best!!!!

1999 LHS @ 170 kilometers
By Laura on 04/01/05 22:29 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

Excellence in driving, performance, comfort, styling and looks. However, it is a toss up as to what is flawed in an individual vehicle. Chrysler put out an expensive car, then walked away from any kind of responsibility to it's obvious defects. Problem is, once you driven one you can't go back.

Better than a Park Avenue
By George on 12/27/04 18:44 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

I bought the 1999 LHS in October 1999 and compared it to the Lincoln and Buick. The ugly Park Avenue was $6000 more with fewer amenities. The Trunk is cavernous and flat unlike the Lincoln. The ride is great. The sound system incredible. It is the best looking luxury car in the past 10 years. It is a wonderful highway car with plenty of power.

Don't buy this car
By seebe on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 19,000 miles, I now have 62,000 miles on it. I have had two power windows go out, the heater quite working ,the heated drivers seat quite working. Cruise control quite working Sway bar links, tie rods, brake work every 15,000 miles.... I have put in over $2,000 into this car in 2 1/2 years. I will never buy another Chrsyler.. beautful looking car... but terrible quality.

Looks
By Art H on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

The car looks great. I get comments all the time. Very confortable. Lots of trunk and interior space and fun to drive. Downfalls, Repair cost are very high, A/C condencer 1100.00 dol. Fan replacements 700.00 dol. and it vacates the a/c which you have to recharge. Bad design if you ask me. Electrical gliches with dash dimmer, flicker on its oun at times. Window switch work interminitly. Recommend get a good warrentty and keep it up to date as long as you own the car.

1999 LHS
By R Statt on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

I also own a 1997 Cadillac STS. The LHS has all the same equipment and options as the STS, except for the engin & suspension. The LHS is more comfortable, has more interior room, trunk room, and looks better. Overall I prefer the LHS over the STS.

Great Car, Dead Design
By SmoknJoe28 on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

I would buy this car all over again if I had to. It's been a great vehicle and has served it's purpose. I wish they would bring back the concept.

My 99 LHS
By HLGreen2 on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

Reliability is quite an issue. Anything that goes wrong has to be bought at dealership at an outrageous price. Will never have another one.