Used 1999 Chrysler LHS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chrysler Lhs - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (51 reviews )

Few Minor Probs--wife & I fight to drive
By pec

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

Our favorite car ever. Have had same probs as others here with trans sensor, oxy sensor, headolight rubber. I have gotten really good mileage though-- 27mpg local and up to 32.5 highway. This was from time of purchase to about 70K mi--now unexpectedly the mileage has dropped and only getting 25 local and 28 hwy.

Favorite Features

Plenty of power, handles well and good gas mileage. Favorite feature--heated seats and stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Sacrifice some trunk room for more rear leg room. Fix reliability issues with tran sensor, power windows, dash, A/C fan, brakes.

Love the car but can tick me off
By giggles70

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

I bought car in March 08 and I love it. Once I got in it I was in love. Get compliments all the time and is comfy with plenty of room. I have 181,653 miles on her and haven't had too much go wrong with her. Yes window motors die often in this car, battery to replace stinks, washer pump has went out and had overheating issue due to bad thermostat and clog in radiator hose. Yeah the stuff irritates me but I have learned that no car is perfect and my love for my car out weighs the anger. Newer the cars are the quality gets lower. It's not just Chrysler. Ask yourself, do you love your car....if yes...then it's worth fixing and keeping.

Favorite Features

Love the style of the car. Very classy. The rims set the car off. Trunk is huge, gas mileage is good. Heated seats are great in winter, sunroof is awesome in summer. Nice sound system

Suggested Improvements

I agree quality could be better. Blind spots to rear making backing up a pain! But bought backup camera...problem solved. Other than that wonderful car but can be a pain. But I still love it!

Yes no maybe
By TR

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

130000m on now with no reverse, heater control sometimes works and air conditioner and chrome rims leak air being the only problems. Otherwise love the car

Favorite Features

Heated leather, HO engine, great gas mileage, all the room, sound system

Suggested Improvements

Real poor tranny, rims

Crapshoot
By sparty

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

This car is very comfortable, and fun to drive. However it has been more and more unreliable as the days go by. I have had to replace two window motors, the oil pan (leaky), and the speedometer sensor within the last six months. It has gone from a cheap, fun car to a money pit. The rubber around the headlights is falling apart, and the hood trim came flying off a few weeks ago. I am going back to Hondas/Toyotas before the snow flies, because I am scared of being stranded by the side of the road in mid-winter.

Favorite Features

Leather heated seats, huge trunk, smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

Very unreliable

fun but little things cost a lot
By deantre

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

Great engine, good handling, nice styling, under engineered windows, engine fans, sound system speakers. Had drivers window go inoperative, tranny sensor quit, speakers fell apart, heater quit working, seat heater quick working, sensor quit, they tell me the only fix is a new $800 Seat. Yeah right, good job Chrysler.

Favorite Features

styling, performance, space comfort. It is a lot of car for the money.

Suggested Improvements

my problems noted above are very common for this vehicle, obvious engineering problems that should be taken care of by Chrysler as such. If you get one used, expect these problems, they will occur