Used 1999 Chrysler LHS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chrysler LHS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (51 reviews )

Best car I've owned
By solo

1999 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love this car, purchased in '03 with 30,500 miles on it and have been driving it daily since. It currently has 155k and the engine is still going strong w/ no oil consumption! regular maintenance is a must with any car and with proper care the 3.5 will last for years. Only once has this car had to be towed and that was due to a corroded battery cable, which I didn't realize until it was too late since the battery is not easily accessible. Other things I have had to fix/replace: trunk supports at about 75k, speed sensor at about 125k, ABS module at about 145k, struts at 150k, and water pump at 150k, everything else general maintenance and the list of things I had to fix/replace are short.

interior comfort, power gas mileage for such a large car (22-25 mixed highway/city),

I wish the battery was mounted somewhere you don't have to remove a tire or air box just to get at, I also wish the oil filter was easier to access, other than that I'm very pleased with this car

Major error
By al wells

1999 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

Out or replaced. air 2-hood shield 2- headlight seal-window motors 3-trunk release-clock-door trim-door panels- dash split-wheel well rust-door locks- transmission lines-horns-heater/ac controls and ALL lights flashing on/off while moving or parked.

The quiet and comfortable ride.

Chrysler discontinued the LHS.

Great Car!!!!!
By srhall89

1999 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

Purchased the car brand new, haven't had a major problem yet! Rear shocks squeak a bit, squeaking noise when i turn the wheel, and front speakers blew out, but other than that no problems. Great car! When I first got behind the wheel I expected it to be slower, but its pretty fast! Not as fast as my '03 Hyundai Tiburon, but still has lots of get up and go. Rides smoothly. Great features that come with and can be added on to car. Had the car 10 years and clear coat still intact, headlights haven't even fogged over, still crystal clear!

Heated leather seats, Moonroof, Huge trunk (had to crawl into the trunk to get something from the back!), Pretty good power, Good looking car, like the temperature/gas mileage/trip display with multi garage door opener.

Blind spots are pretty bad... Haven't run into anything yet. Rubber around headlights is coming loose. A dimmer mirror would be nice, the LHS doesn't have one that you can adjust for night driving. Still a great car overall, would buy another one.

Love it, and love hurts!
By Albee

1999 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love this car, I have owned many Chrysler/Dodges from 70's, 80's 90's and 00's. I currently own a 60 Dodge Charger R/T. This LHS is great but some of the problems included replacing trany at 142,000 miles but hey that's 10 years. Plenty of power for the freeway passing and dusting kids in lil toy cars like Hondas. Smooth but noisy and bumpy on bad roads, almost rides like a sports car and feels better in high speed corners than my Charger R/T. Gas mileage for me has been very poor really, about 16- 20 average. I do live in Seattle where there is nothing but hills. But love it, there is too much room! Only complaint in interior is there is no spot to pt cell phone.

Looks, size, space, power, handling.

Fix common problems, Radiator fans, transmission and improve the breaks! They work yes, once, twice maybe three times and high speed but that's it! You will die if you go to fast and need to stop quickly! This is why the imtrepid did not make it as a police car!

I love this car
By Daniel

1999 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

Best, most comfortable car I've ever owned. Minor irritations: headlight seals, bass speakers, overheats if stands too long, one window motor, occasional short in interior lights brightness dial (and so headlights blink), A/C leaks, trunk supports died, bolts and knobs appear on the carpet. But solid on the road, peppy, smooth ride, looks great after 10 years, leather still in great condition. 14.5 mpg town, up to 33 mpg highway (flat road, no passengers). Had to have the rims specially treated so the seals wouldn't leak. I have 127,000 miles on it and it's still a great car. I just wish it had held its value as well as it has held its style.

Comfortable to drive. Classic styling. When I firewall the accelerator the car answers right away.

Better A/C & cooling systems. Improve body integrity (air leaks, road noise, knobs, bolts, seals). Use real wood instead of plastic for wood trim. More heat to back seats.